PDA

View Full Version : Homunculus and crafting question

Invader
2014-02-15, 09:21 AM
If I understand correctly you can only craft one magic item at a time regardless of how many homoculi you have but can you have one crafting and item, one brewing a potion and having a quill of scribing working on a scroll all at the same time?

Are there rules for having more than one honunculus working on the same item at the same time, is it any faster? As far as I could tell there's not but I was hoping the cost reduction handbook needed an update.

Stegyre
2014-02-15, 12:06 PM
Scrolls and potions are explicitly magic items, so no, you cannot use multiple dedicated wrights to work on multiple magic items at a time (not even when they are different types of magic items).

You could use multiple wrights to use various craft skills (armor smithing, for example).

Afgncaap5
2014-02-15, 01:17 PM
I had a DM rule that I could use a Quill of Scribing and a Dedicated Wright at the same time (and that I could create a tree that would grow a fruit to be a potion every day that could *also* be used at the same time as the Dedicated Wright for a cost of twice the quill of scribing - 10% due to it requiring skill checks to use), but that was my DM being lenient on the interpretation of the rules.

Basically, a Dedicated Wright isn't a crafting robot, it's literally a part of you that's dedicated to building magic stuff. If you have enough blood to spare you can build an army of them to craft crazy amounts of mundane (or even alchemical) items, but you're pretty much limited to one magic item a day.

Unless you get the research assistant spell, of course. That doubles your output, and has a few other benefits.

Invader
2014-02-15, 02:46 PM
Unless you get the research assistant spell, of course. That doubles your output, and has a few other benefits.

I can't seem to find anything like this any where, do you have a source?