PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder- Oracle Spell list

ArendK
2014-02-15, 12:06 PM
Is there anyway to get a specific spell from the Wizards list to the Oracles? I'm trying to get Command Undead for an Oracle of Bones (or Juju, I can't remember). Hopefully, a magic item or something, but I'm not particular at the moment.

Bigbeefie
2014-02-15, 01:13 PM
Command undead is a feat.

Abaddona
2014-02-15, 01:38 PM
Skill focus: knowledge (arcana) -> Eldricht Heritage (Arcane Bloodline) -> Improved Eldricht Heritage (New arcana) will let you get spells from wizard/sorcerer spell list.

Doing this in suuch way is extremely feat intensive and profit is really small.
Unless you are half -elf. Then you get Skill Focus for free, you can get Eldricht Heritage at level 3rd and then cast Paragon Surge to obtain, well whatever you like (Improved Eldricht Heritage or Expanded Arcana to effectively get any spell from sorcerer/oracle spell list for the duration of the spell. If you wil try to do this inform DM first and ask him if he will allow this because Paragon Surge is kinda like leadership).

ArendK
2014-02-15, 01:50 PM
My apologies; I should have been more clear. I'm trying to get Command Undead the spell, not the feat.

For some reason, I was thinking it was a cleric spell...Found out it wasn't. I gathered doing a Wand of Command Undead with UMD (which I can get cheaply and powered by Charisma) would do the trick.

andreww
2014-02-15, 04:34 PM
If you are an Elf then the Ancient Lore Keeper Archetype will let you. Otherwise either outright taking Improved Eldritch Heritage or spoofing it with Paragon Surge. You might be able to get both if your GM allows Half Elves to take the Elf only archetype.

The Wand is OK for mindless undead as they don't get a save but it will only last 3 days. I wouldn't use it for anything else as the save DC will only be 13.

andreww
2014-02-15, 04:38 PM
Skill focus: knowledge (arcana) -> Eldricht Heritage (Arcane Bloodline) -> Improved Eldricht Heritage (New arcana) will let you get spells from wizard/sorcerer spell list.

Doing this in suuch way is extremely feat intensive and profit is really small.
Unless you are half -elf. Then you get Skill Focus for free, you can get Eldricht Heritage at level 3rd and then cast Paragon Surge to obtain, well whatever you like (Improved Eldricht Heritage or Expanded Arcana to effectively get any spell from sorcerer/oracle spell list for the duration of the spell. If you wil try to do this inform DM first and ask him if he will allow this because Paragon Surge is kinda like leadership).
If Paragon Surge is out then this isn't too bad to do as a Human. Focused Study lets you trade in your bonus feat for 3 Skill Focus feats over your career which isn't a bad deal. Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) will then give you a familiar which can grab you another +4 Initiative (or an extra pair of hands later on). Also being a Human gives you the excellent bonus spells known FCB.

Bigbeefie
2014-02-15, 07:25 PM
Yeah the Elf Ancient Lore Keeper is a good route to go. Tho most DMs will ban paragon Surge outright.

I just recommend Being the Ancient Lore Keeper over going 3 feats in as it is simpler. But that is my recommendation your free to do what ever you want.

But a Life Ancient lore Keeper can Command Undead with the feat or you can take the spell Command Undead @ 6th Level and pick a different Mystery entirely. Again this is up to you as to when you want Command undead to come into play.

The wand will have a super low DC compared to any other route of Obtaining the spell and will fail on any intelligent Undead.

grarrrg
2014-02-15, 08:44 PM
There's a guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296803) for that.