PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Dervish Build Help

Fenris-Wolf
2014-02-15, 02:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

I need a little help optimizing a character I am currently playing with... he is a Fighter 2/Rogue 4/Dervish 7. We are playing the Shackled City AP, and we are using Raw rules not Pathfinder; end game he should be 18-20'th level.

The rogue levels are basically just for trap-finding, and extra goodies like evasion, uncanny dodge and sneak attack. My primary character concept is to be a highly mobile, very elusive melee attacker who tumbles and leaps around the battlefield to get into flanking position for sneak attacks; he's that annoying guy the DM can't seem to pin down thanks to a combination of high AC, HP and speed. :smallwink:

The only thing that my character seems to lack is some form of magic/psionic abilities for buffing and utility purposes, which is why I am thinking of dipping into Psion for 1 level and devote whatever is left to Elocater lv3-6.

So I guess the question is: Is it worth it to dip into psionics at this late level or who I be better off capping dervish and take a few more fighter/rogue levels? And if it would be a good choice how many levels of what do I take Dervish 7-10/Psi 1/Elocater 3-6?

It would mean a little less base attack bonus, AC, HP, sneak attack, weapon specialize and possibly one fewer dervish dances per day but on the other hand I could pick up some interesting abilities like scorn earth, dimension step, flanker and teleporter plus 2'nd to 3'rd level psionic powers.

My stats are: Str18, Dx16, Con16, Int14, Wis12, Cha10; Feats: able learner, dodge, mobility, spring attack, combat expertise, skill focus (disable), weapon focus (falchion), improved crit, staggering strike; thinking about leadership, which leaves two left over for psionics (probably practiced manifestor); Human, Male, CG

Cheers :smallbiggrin:

Gotterdammerung
2014-02-15, 02:40 PM
If it were me I would probably take 5 levels of warmind. Since you have already invested so much into non psionic choices. You could get into warmind with one feat, wild talent. And it will give you the most efficient balance of psionic and class abilities for making your elevator prerequisite. The 5th level ability to swing at 2 squares at once works very well with dervish.

Fenris-Wolf
2014-02-15, 02:45 PM
It's not a bad idea but...I'm Choatic Good, and Warmind has a non-Choatic restriction, plus my wisdom is lower than my Int and sweeping strike doesn't mix well with dervish dance since you can't move more than 10ft when you use it.

Gotterdammerung
2014-02-15, 02:56 PM
It's not a bad idea but...I'm Choatic Good, and Warmind has a non-Choatic restriction, plus my wisdom is lower than my Int and sweeping strike doesn't mix well with dervish dance since you can't move more than 10ft when you use it.

My mistake. I just woke up and haven't had my coffee. Let me try again. Since you are already invested in Sneak attack, take a look at lurker and psionic rogue.

Maybe you can talk your dm into letting you switch out your rogue levels for psychic rogue. Even if it is over time using retraining it would still be worth it.

Fenris-Wolf
2014-02-15, 03:13 PM
I have the expanded psionics but not the complete psionics, so no lurker for me :smallsigh:; I would have a better chance of convincing my DM to let me change my alignment to neutral good so i could go with the warmind option... but would that be better than an elocator?

Gotterdammerung
2014-02-15, 03:43 PM
I have the expanded psionics but not the complete psionics, so no lurker for me :smallsigh:; I would have a better chance of convincing my DM to let me change my alignment to neutral good so i could go with the warmind option... but would that be better than an elocator?

Psychic rogue is a different class. If lurk doesnt work just use psychic rogue. It is from the mind's eye. It is official online material. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b

See if your DM will let you swap out your 4 rogue levels for 4 psychic rogue levels.