PDA

View Full Version : Quick Change Feat RAW

GhengisConrad
2014-02-15, 02:43 PM
Is the Savage Species version of this feat super-ceded by the Eberron Campaign setting version of the feat?

Bonus question: can the savage species version be taken multiple times?

context: looking at a lycan sewerm, and really want changing as a free action.

Red Fel
2014-02-15, 02:58 PM
I don't think that Quick Change is superseded; the two apply differently.

The Savage Species version is a general feat that applies to any Alternate Form quality and has a Dex prereq; it reduces the shapechange time required.

The RoE version is a racial feat that applies only to Changelings, has no other prereqs, and changes the Minor Shape Change ability from full-round to move action.

These are not the same feat, not even updated. They have different prereqs. They apply to different abilities and function differently. For example, the SS version would convert a full-round shape change to a standard action, not a move action. If anything, I would rule that the RoE version only supersedes the SS version with regard to the Changeling ability.

With regard to the second question, I think it can only be taken once; feats usually say if they can be taken multiple times.

Anxe
2014-02-15, 03:05 PM
It does stack with Fast Wild Shape though.

GhengisConrad
2014-02-15, 03:07 PM
and can Fast Wild Shape apply to Lycans?

Red Fel
2014-02-15, 03:09 PM
and can Fast Wild Shape apply to Lycans?

Fast Wild Shape applies to the class ability Wild Shape, commonly found on Druids. It does not apply to natural Alternate Form qualities found on races like Lycans and Changelings.

GhengisConrad
2014-02-15, 05:19 PM
So what may be the lowest ECL way to obtain shape change as a free action?

EugeneVoid
2014-02-15, 07:18 PM
Do changelings count?

GhengisConrad
2014-02-15, 08:05 PM
Sorry, meant, for a Lycan.

I'm thinking:

Lumian Krau Shaman Moon Gaurdian... ECL 8 or so?

+2 Lycan
1 Lycan HD
1 Shaman
1 Whatever + imp. Krau
3 Moon Guard + quickcahnge