PDA

View Full Version : what should I play and what do you think this party needs

Hiding Dragon
2014-02-15, 06:16 PM
Me and my party are going to start up a 3.5 game after our current pathfinder game that is close to the end. my party (but me) already picked out their classes we have a battlefield controling shadowcaster with VONV (vow of nonviolence) a melee warblade and a shape-shift druid gish (to tune it down).now my problem is picking a class that would fit this party and we can,t have any more tier 1s.I was think a blaster educated wilder or ranged Warlock.we need a support like a bard or a ranged person like the warlock (but warlocknot super blasty unless take prestiges like hellfire).Help would be Great thanks!

eggynack
2014-02-15, 06:20 PM
What does it mean that you can't have any more tier 1's? The existence of tier 1's in a party means that other members of the party would do well to also be tier 1's, such that imbalance doesn't rule the land. As for your list of suggested classes, bards are pretty neat, so probably that. You do have a pair of melee-ish fellows in your party, and bards are cool.

Hiding Dragon
2014-02-15, 06:22 PM
what I mean by no more tier ones is that the DM said no more and any classes you recommend?

eggynack
2014-02-15, 06:28 PM
I'm not really sure what it is you're trying to do, or what role you're seeking to fill. It looks like you want some sort of secondary arcanist role, in which case bards are cool, as are classes like the beguiler, or maybe some sort of sorcerer, if tier 2 isn't tier 1. As for your DM's ban of more tier 1's, it means that I'm inclined to think that your DM doesn't really understand the tier list's primary goal. If he doesn't want tier 1's, that's fine, but using some sort of compromise where one player can be a tier one but no others can is somewhat counterproductive.

Hiding Dragon
2014-02-15, 06:31 PM
am sorry but what I mean is like at first I wanted to play a artficer but the DM said "we have a tier 1 druid in the party". thanks I will serisoly consider bard maybe with dragonfire insprieson

EugeneVoid
2014-02-15, 07:16 PM
This... doesn't make sense.

If you want be a caster, Warlock is fun. I'm assuming that your group is playing at low-mid op.

Dip Chameleon and get all the item crafting feats that you need.