PDA

View Full Version : Analysis Where do Laurin, Miron, Jacinda, and SPG stand on the Law/Chaos axis

CaDzilla
2014-02-15, 07:55 PM
I peg Laurin as NE for wanting her family and friends to be safe and not much else and for worshiping a Neutral goddess. She also doesn't seem to take the favors too seriously.

I peg Miron as NE because of his love for profit and crude way of speaking.

I peg Jacinda as CE due to her glee shown in killing things.

I peg SPG as LE due to his serious nature and appearance.

What does everybody else think?

The Pilgrim
2014-02-15, 08:03 PM
Laurin: LE

SPG: LE or NE (we know almost nothing about him, so can't peg him)

Miron, Jacinda: NE

Remember, Tarquin doesn't works with loose cannons. And his pals likely do not either.

martianmister
2014-02-15, 08:07 PM
Miron: NE
Jacinda: CE
SPG: n/a

Domino Quartz
2014-02-15, 08:09 PM

Why is SPG's alignment non-applicable? I think he's probably LE.

Keltest
2014-02-15, 08:10 PM
Why is SPG's alignment non-applicable? I think he's probably LE.

Because literally all we know about him is that in the past he has scowled, smirked, and he has large pauldrons.

Acrux
2014-02-15, 08:24 PM
I really hate uncommon acronyms that aren't explained. Who is SPG?

Gift Jeraff
Miron: NE or LE
Jacinda: CE or NE
Shoulder: LE (just a guess; he can be any evil alignment)

"Shoulder Pad Guy," the unnamed sixth guy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0758.html).

Keltest

Shoulder-Pad-Guy, the so far unnamed final member of Team Tarquin.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-02-15, 08:45 PM
Shoulder-Pad Guy/SPG/That Guy With The Pauldrons: Not enough information.

Admittedly, we hardly know much more about Jacinda than TGWTP. I think we need to learn more about these characters before a determination is made regarding where they stand on the Law/Chaos axis.

Domino Quartz
2014-02-15, 08:49 PM
Because literally all we know about him is that in the past he has scowled, smirked, and he has large pauldrons.

That would make his alignment unknown, not inapplicable.

martianmister
2014-02-15, 08:53 PM
That would make his alignment unknown, not inapplicable.

It also means "no answer" and "not available".

Domino Quartz
2014-02-15, 10:30 PM
It also means "no answer" and "not available".

Oh, okay. I didn't know that.

137beth
2014-02-15, 11:34 PM
The real question is where they fall on the Pancake/Waffle axis!

I'd say Jacinda is PE, Tarquin is probably WE, Laurin is definitely PE, SPG I can't tell, and Miron is probably WE.

In case you're wondering, I determined my Pancake/Waffle alignment guesses randomly. Do not try to reverse-engineer the pattern.

Anyways, I think Miron is Chaotic, based on his attitude...
Laurin strikes me as very Neutral, so I'll go with NE.
We know essentially nothing about either Jacinda or SPG, so I don't think I could make any reasonable assessment of their alignments.

Rodin
2014-02-16, 12:06 AM
The real question is where they fall on the Pancake/Waffle axis!

I'd say Jacinda is PE, Tarquin is probably WE, Laurin is definitely PE, SPG I can't tell, and Miron is probably WE.

Objection!

Waffles are never Evil.

Living Oxymoron
2014-02-16, 12:27 AM

I agree with this.

Laurin shows some concern about the Western Continent, so I think she must have some sort of code or interest to make that fake order (but still order) that the group idealized to the continent.

Until now, with I have seen of Miron, I would say that the guy is moved by pure greed. I take into account lines like "Funny, you never seem to complain when my story nonsense puts coin in your purse" (Tarquin) and "Eh, I'm not seeing the profit for us. Pass." (Miron). Both lines are in the same comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0921.html). So I would say that this kind of (even more) selfish evil would be a Neutral Evil character.

As for Jacinda, it's kinda difficult to imagine that a Chaotic Evil character would find some place in a predominantly Lawful party, with all those rules and idealizations, but if we think that even Belkar managed to find a role to himself in a Good party, then the things are not so hard to Jacinda. Plus, she has all the money she can get, and all the people she can stab.

I really hope to see more of this team in the future, and I hope that neither Miron nor Laurin die in that accident.

SavageWombat
2014-02-16, 02:38 AM
SPG: NE. No way a Lawful has that haircut.

Koo Rehtorb
2014-02-16, 03:20 AM
Laurin: NE/TN

RMS Oceanic
2014-02-16, 03:24 AM
We know one other thing about SPG: He likes Port Cities (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0758.html). This must mean he likes trade and other mercentile activities, and to prevent his being challenged by the law when he makes questionable deals, he must take the law into his own hands and abuse it for his own benefit. Lawful Activity if I ever heard it! QED.

:smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Living Oxymoron
2014-02-16, 03:58 AM
Laurin: NE/TN

Laurin is not True Neutral, word of the Giant.

Taelas
2014-02-16, 04:29 AM
We have absolutely nothing to indicate Jacinda's alignment, and too little to indicate Miron's.

Laurin is possibly NE, possibly LE. She doesn't seem Chaotic in the least.

Socksy
2014-02-16, 05:03 AM
I thought Laurin being LE was canon before seeing this thread, everyone seemed to believe it.

Laurin:LE
Miron:NE
Tarquin:LE (Canon?)
Jacinda:CE
Malack:LE(Also Canon, I think?)
SPG:NE/CE

MrMercury
2014-02-16, 05:44 AM
We know one other thing about SPG: He likes Port Cities (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0758.html). This must mean he likes trade and other mercentile activities, and to prevent his being challenged by the law when he makes questionable deals, he must take the law into his own hands and abuse it for his own benefit. Lawful Activity if I ever heard it! QED.

:smalltongue::smallbiggrin:
I'm sorry, where does it say he likes port cities?

RMS Oceanic
2014-02-16, 05:52 AM
I'm sorry, where does it say he likes port cities?

He's the one to suggest a new Port City for the Empire of Tears.

Sunken Valley
2014-02-16, 07:32 AM
They're all LE, just in different ways.

Koo Rehtorb
2014-02-16, 08:02 AM
Laurin is not True Neutral, word of the Giant.

Fair enough. I'm not torn up about it or anything. NE it is.

Morty
2014-02-16, 08:08 AM
I'm inclined to agree with pegging Laurin as Lawful Evil and Miron as Neutral Evil, although Laurin could work as NE as well. Miron's self-serving and profit-oriented attitude is classic Neutral Evil to me. We don't have enough information about Jacinda and the unnamed shoulderpad-wearing guy.

Taelas
2014-02-16, 11:35 AM
Laurin's been far more active than Miron, and I wouldn't even place her at either LE or NE. Knowing that Miron is greedy is not enough to mark him as Neutral. Dwarves are classically greedy, and they are the epitome of Lawful Good. Dragons are greedy, and they come in every flavor of alignment.

Being greedy is not an alignment-based trait. Being self-serving can be, but even that is not more than Neutral.

I repeat, we don't have enough information to peg them as anything but Evil (and even that is by word of the Giant), and Laurin at least doesn't seem to be Chaotic.

Deliverance
2014-02-17, 09:41 AM
Insufficient information to classify them as anything but something-Evil at this point.