PDA

View Full Version : [D&D Next] Beastial Races (PEACH)

Starcofski
2014-02-15, 07:59 PM
Since I'm what many would call a "Special Snowflake" type, it was only a matter of time until I decided to try and translate some more "exotic" options into player races. I will be taking another pass at these when the DMG comes out later this year.

Version: 6

Half Giant (Hill and Stone)
Removed

Gnoll
+2 Dex, +1 Wis
Medium Size, 30 ft Speed
Languages: Common, Gnoll
Darkvision 60 ft
Blood Frenzy: When an enemy drops to or below 0 hp within 5 feet, you may make a melee attack against an adjacent target with disadvantage.
Pack Mentality: Gain Advantage on Charisma (Intimidate) checks when with a group.
Strong Nose: While attempting to track a living creature in the forest, gain advantage on Investigation (Tracking) rolls.

Kobold
Removed

Minotaur
+2 Constitution
Languages: Common, Giant
Age: Minotaurs are considered adults at the age of 25 (due to their slow mental growth), but can live to be as old as 250 (assuming a proper diet and exercise).
Alignment: Widely varies, but Maze-born Minotaurs trend towards Lawful, and Mountain-born are predominantly Neutral.
Medium Size (7’-9’ tall, weigh around 350 pounds), 30 ft Speed
Darkvision 60ft
Weapon Proficiency Battleaxe
True North: A Minotaur can always discern true north, regardless of location or elevation. This gives Advantage on Wisdom checks for navigation.

Mountain:
Powerful Build: The physical stature of mountain minotaurs lets them function in many ways as if they were larger than normal:
You can wield 2-handed weapons and weapons with the "heavy" keyword with one hand, but you cannot wield two weapons in this way. You take disadvantage when using weapons with the "light" keyword. You treat weapons with the "versatile" keyword as "light" weapons for your size (Used as normal "light" weapons).
Armor and Apparel costs 50% extra, due to the bulky build of the Mountain Minotaur.
Due to size, you are proficient with Strength saving throws.
(Powerful Build was created by Ralcos, borrowing it from HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?373964-Half-Giant-and-Half-Ogre-races-(PEACH)))
You are proficient in Athletics.

Maze:
+2 Wisdom
You are proficient in Perception.
Awareness: While underground, you have Advantage on your Perception rolls.
Writing on the Wall: Having spent your life growing up in the maze, you learn how to read it's inscriptions. Choose a language; You can read and write in that language (but neither speak or understand it verbally).

Lizardfolk
+2 Dex
Medium Size (5’-7’ tall, weigh around 250 pounds), 30 ft speed
Languages: Common, Draconic
Age: It is theorized that an adult Lizardfolk is roughly 14 to 17 years old, marked by the completion of a trial and societal ritual. The oldest recorded Lizardfolk was around 65 years old, but historical texts by the Aquan tribes hint that their kind could live to be as old as 120.
Tail: A prehensile appendage grants you the ability to shift your center of gravity. You have Advantage on any checks to Acrobatics (Balance).
You are proficient in the Nature skill.

Aquatic:
+1 Con
Hold Breath for 10 minutes.
Low Light Vision
No disadvantage attack roll or ability check penalties underwater.
40 ft swim speed
Due to their isolation, it is not uncommon for an Aquatic Lizardfolk to learn Aquan instead of Common (player choice).

Jungle:
+2 Wis
Keen Senses: Advantage on Perception checks while in jungle/forest areas, and proficiency in the Survival skill.
Forest-Born: Having grown up in the woods, they pose no problems for your movement. 40ft movement speed while in jungle/forest areas, and cannot have impeded movement.
Evolution: You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and poison damage resistance

Saurian (Dinosaurs > Dragons)
Strength +2
Age: Due to their nature, Saurians rarely live past 30, and are considered of-age at 10. The oldest recorded Saurian lived until he died in combat at the age of 55 (after taking down an army single-handedly).
Alignment: Saurians are very straightforward in their thought process, and cannot be Neutral (only LG, CG, LE, CE).
Large Sized (8-10’ tall and weigh about 350 pounds), 30 ft speed
Saurian Soldier Training: Proficiency with Longsword, Greatsword, and All Armors
Due to their size, armor and apparel costs 50% more.
Small or smaller-sized attackers gain advantage against you.
You lose your proficiency bonus to attack rolls when attacking any opponent smaller than you.

Battle-Bred:
You gain proficiency in Athletics and Constitution saves.
Powerful Build: You can wield 2-handed weapons and weapons with the "heavy" keyword with one hand, but gain disadvantage when wielding more than one weapon if one has the "Heavy" keyword. You take disadvantage when using weapons with the "light" keyword. You treat weapons with the "versatile" keyword as "light" weapons for your size (Used as normal "light" weapons).

Tribal:
Int +2
Choose two skills from History, Nature, and Survival; You are proficient in those skills.
You gain proficiency with an Herbalism kit, and begin the game with one for free.
Choose an Artisan's Tools; you gain proficiency with those tools.

Sergal
Medium Size, 35 ft Speed
Strength +2
Languages: Common, Sergal
Age: Sergals typically leave home after the age of 8, and few survive to adulthood at 16. Sergals are theorized to have a lifespan of only 30 years due to their hyperactive lives.
Alignment: The majority of Sergals are pursuers of whim, and tend fall along the Chaotic line (can never be lawful).
Proficient with all Armors, and with Halberds and Glaives.
Bloodthirst: Advantage on attacks against creatures below one-fourth of their max health.
Frenzy: +1 to damage while at or below half of your max health. While frenzied, you may only attack one target at a time until it has fallen.

Desert:
Dex +1
You gain proficiency in either the Survival or Medicine skill.
Scarcity: You only need half the normal amount of food and water after decades in the harsh heat.

Tundra:
Wis +1
You gain proficiency in either the Perception or Intimidation skill.
Winter Soldier: You do not take a speed penalty from wearing Heavy Armor.

Lycanthrope (Template)
Removed

Thomar_of_Uointer
2014-02-16, 09:46 PM
Half Giant (Hill and Stone)
+2 Str, +2 Con
Large Size, 30 ft Speed

Hill:
Vitality: Gain 1 additional health when you gain a level (including level 1)

Stone:
Catching: DC 12 Dex check to catch an object thrown at you (that you could otherwise throw).

I would remove the giant's Constitution bonus for balance. Stone giant racial ability should be a Strength saving throw (or more likely a Dexterity saving throw), and require you to use your reaction. The Large size could mean any number of things which haven't been quantified in the rules yet, so I have no idea what to do there. If it lets you wield two-handed weapons one-handed I guess that's alright as long as you drop the Constitution bonus (and dual-wielding in that situation would be impossible under the current iteration of the rules).

Gnoll

+2 Dex
Medium Size, 30 ft Speed
Darkvision 60 ft
Blood Frenzy: When an enemy drops to or below 0 hp within 5 feet, you may make a melee attack against them with disadvantage.

Again, this racial ability should be a reaction. They're a little sparse, I would give them one additional ability like advantage on Charisma skill checks to interact peacefully with demons.

Kobold

+1 Dex, +1 Int
Small Size, 30 ft speed
Darkvision 60 ft
Light Sensitivity: Disadvantage on attack rolls while in sunlight
Pack Tactics: Gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls for each friendly kobold within 5 feet of target.

Again, needs more abilities. The Pack Tactics ability is completely out of line with the 5e playtest's philosophy on small bonuses to-hit. However, Pack Tactics would be fine as "Gain a +1 AC bonus if you are standing within 5 feet of another kobold." Other abilities might include "Advantage on any Intelligence check involving mining, excavations, and identifying ores and precious gems", and "Advantage on Charisma checks to tame animals and handle trained animals".

Minotaur (Mountain and Maze)

Mountain:
+2 Str, +1 Con
Large Size, 40 ft Speed
Mountain Born: When in difficult mountainous terrain, Mountain Minotaurs travel normally (standard: difficult).

Maze:
+1 Con, +2 Wis
Medium Size, 30 ft speed
True North: A Maze Minotaur can always discern true north, regardless of location or elevation.
Darkvision (60 ft) and Low Light Vision

You're forgetting how subraces work. The base race should get +1 Con, maze should get +1 Wis, and mountain should get +1 Str. Base race should also cover languages and darkvision (I think both should get darkvision). I would not give them +2 to any stats, they're overpowered that way. I would change mountain's speed to 35, in keeping with wood elves. True North could also grant advantage to Wisdom checks to navigate. I wouldn't bother with low-light vision, there's no thematic reason for them to have it. See my comments above about Large size. I don't think it would be out of line to give them racial proficiency with battleaxes and handaxes. You should probably give them one more interesting ability, like a once per combat 1d6 damage bonus to charge attacks because of their horns.

Lizardfolk (Aquatic and Jungle)

Aquatic:
Medium Size, 30 ft speed
+1 Str, +1 Con
Hold Breath 10x longer than normal creature
Low Light Vision
No attack roll or ability check penalties underwater.

Jungle:
+1 Dex, +1 Wis
Medium Size, 30 ft speed
Keen Senses: Advantage on Perception checks
Acid Resistance

Again, there's no point in subraces if their abilities are completely different. I would make the base racial bonus +1 Dex, aquatic get +1 Con, and jungle get +1 Wis. A +1 natural armor bonus for both would be fine, warforged get the same. I would give jungle poison resistance instead of acid resistance. Aquatic should get a swim speed, 40' should be fine. I would specify that aquatic lizardfolk "do not suffer disadvantage on attack rolls and skill checks to move in water".

Saurian
Medium Sized, 40 ft speed
Str +1, Cha +1
Charismatic: Advantage on Persuasion checks
Saurian Weapon Training: Proficiency with Longsword, Greatsword, and Greataxe
Battle-bred: Gain +1 to all melee weapon damage rolls with racial weapons
Inspiration: Can cast Bless once per day, but only in the thick of battle.

You already have lizardfolk. I'm not sure why you want another one.

Lycanthrope (Template)
When applied to a creature, that creature loses all of it’s inherent ability score bonuses and racial traits. If a player/DM desires to keep the base creature’s racial traits, consider this a level.

Wolf
Base Size, 30 ft speed
+1 Str, +1 Dex
Change Shape: Can polymorph between Base creature, a medium-sized wolf, and a hybrid form. Can remain out of base form for up to 24 hours.
Vulnerable to Silver weapons.
Hybrid Form: Gain Low Light vision and a Bite attack (1d6).
Wolf Form: Speed changes to 40 ft, unable to use weapons, gain Low Light vision, gains a Claw or bite attack (1d4 and 1d6 damage respectively) Cannot use weapons.

Bear
Base Size, 30 ft speed
+2 Str, +1 Con
Change Shape: Can polymorph between Base creature, a large-sized bear, and a hybrid form. Can remain out of base form for up to 24 hours.
Bear Form: Unable to use weapons, gain Low Light vision, gains a Claw or bite attack (1d4 and 1d6 damage respectively) Cannot use weapons.

Horse
Base Size, 30 ft speed
+1 Str, +2 Con
Change Shape: Can polymorph between Base creature, a large-sized horse, and a hybrid form. Can remain out of base form for up to 24 hours.
Hybrid Form: Gain Low Light vision and speed increases to 40 ft.
Horse Form: Unable to use weapons, can act as a mount for another player, Speed increases to 60 ft, Cannot use weapons.

Tiger
Base Size, 30 ft Speed
+1 Dex, +1 Con
Change Shape: Can polymorph between Base creature, a medium-sized tiger, and a hybrid form. Can remain out of base form for up to 24 hours.
Tiger Form: Speed changes to 40 ft, unable to use weapons, gain Low Light vision, gains a Claw or bite attack (1d4 and 1d6 damage respectively) Cannot use weapons.

Dire Rat
Base Size, 30ft speed
+1 Dex, +1 Wis
Change Shape: Can polymorph between Base creature, a small-sized Dire Rat, and a hybrid form. Can remain out of base form for up to 24 hours.
Hybrid Form: Gain Low Light vision.
Rat Form: Speed changes to 20 ft, unable to use weapons, gain Low Light vision, Size becomes small, Cannot use weapons.

Again, these should have a base set of common racial traits with the specific breeds having one or two additional abilities. Drop the +2 bonuses, they're far too overpowered. Vulnerability to silver is fine. I would drop the hybrid forms, it gets messy and potentially overpowered for the large-sized ones. Otherwise they look pretty good.

Starcofski
2014-02-17, 01:32 AM
The Large size could mean any number of things which haven't been quantified in the rules yet, so I have no idea what to do there. If it lets you wield two-handed weapons one-handed I guess that's alright as long as you drop the Constitution bonus (and dual-wielding in that situation would be impossible under the current iteration of the rules).

*Snip*

Again, these should have a base set of common racial traits with the specific breeds having one or two additional abilities. Drop the +2 bonuses, they're far too overpowered. Vulnerability to silver is fine. I would drop the hybrid forms, it gets messy and potentially overpowered for the large-sized ones.

There really is nothing relating to a non-medium size at all; the removal of Enlarge Person just made that more difficult. I figured that it would've conferred a size-bonus to strength and/or constitution.

Starcofski
2014-10-02, 05:48 PM
Updated to version 3 (Post MM Release).
-Added some diversity to the Sergal
-Re-tuned attribute bonuses
-Offered a second version of the Minotaur based on other works
-While not removed yet, tempted to remove Kobold and Gnoll entries.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2014-10-02, 06:23 PM
Are humans supposed to be banned in this setting? All of your races are overpowered.

Gnoll (NEEDS IMPROVEMENT, Version 1)
+1 Dex, +1 Wis
Medium Size, 30 ft Speed
Darkvision 60 ft
Blood Frenzy: When an enemy drops to or below 0 hp within 5 feet, you may make a melee attack against them with disadvantage.
Pack Mentality: Gain Advantage on Intimidate checks when with a group.
+2 Dex +1 Wis is fine with these traits. Blood Frenzy isn't that great of an ability for a PC. The intimidate ability is pretty nice as a defining racial feature, especially since intimidate is roughly the worst social skill.

Also, the skill is named Charisma (Intimidation) now.

Minotaur (Large Stats)
+2 Strength
Age: Minotaurs are considered adults at the age of 25 (due to their slow mental growth), but can live to be as old as 250 (assuming a proper diet and exercise).
Alignment: Widely varies, but Maze-born Minotaurs trend towards Lawful, and Mountain-born are predominantly Neutral.
Large Size (8’-10’ tall, weigh around 450 pounds), 35 ft Speed
Minotaurs can wield large-sized weapons (cost 50% more, increase damage by one dice of medium-sized weaponry).
You gain disadvantage when attacking a small or smaller-sized opponent.
Darkvision 60ft
True North: A Minotaur can always discern true north, regardless of location or elevation. This gives Advantage on Wisdom checks for navigation.
Thick Hide: You gain a natural armor bonus equal to your Constitution modifier. (This can not increase your armor class above 18, excluding shields and class abilities)

Mountain:
+1 Con
Mountain Born: When in difficult mountainous terrain, Mountain Minotaurs travel normally (standard: difficult).

Maze:
+1 Wis
The Small-sized advantage/disadvantage mechanic is neat, but far too situational to be an effective drawback against "I'm a minotaur barbarian with a 2d12 damage melee weapon". I would drop their size to Medium and give them something a bit more balanced. Damage scaling in 5e is much more serious of an ability than it was in 3e.

One option would be the ability to wield versatile weapons one-handed at full damage. Another option would be the ability to add an extra weapon damage die to a damage roll once per short rest (similar to what bugbears have).

Minotaur (Medium Size)
+2 Strength
Medium Size (7’-9’ tall, weigh around 350 pounds), 35 ft Speed
Darkvision 60ft

Mountain:
+1 Con
Powerful Build: The physical stature of mountain minotaurs lets them function in many ways as if they were larger than normal:
You can wield 2-handed weapons and weapons with the "heavy" keyword with one hand, but you take disadvantage when using weapons with the "light" keyword. You treat weapons with the "versatile" keyword as "light" weapons for your size (Used as normal "light" weapons).
Armor and Apparel costs 30% extra, due to the bulky build of the Mountain Minotaur.
Due to size, you are proficient with Strength saving throws.
When using a 2-handed weapon, you can add your proficiency bonus to the damage roll.
(Powerful Build was created by Ralcos, borrowing it from HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?373964-Half-Giant-and-Half-Ogre-races-(PEACH)))

Maze:
+1 Wis
Thick Hide: You gain a natural armor bonus equal to your Constitution modifier. (This can not increase your armor class above 18, excluding shields and class abilities)
See above. Still too much damage. A minotaur does an insanely high amount of damage compared to a member of any other race. The dual-wielding longswords trick isn't too bad, but adding your proficiency to damage is too much.

Lizardfolk (Because it's different?)
+2 Dex
Medium Size (5’-7’ tall, weigh around 250 pounds), 30 ft speed
Age: It is theorized that an adult Lizardfolk is roughly 14 to 17 years old, marked by the completion of a trial and societal ritual. The oldest recorded Lizardfolk was around 65 years old, but historical texts by the Aquan tribes hint that their kind could live to be as old as 120.
+2 Natural Armor (Cannot increase your AC above 18, excluding shields and class abilities)
You are proficient in the Nature skill.

Aquatic:
+1 Con
Hold Breath 10x longer than normal creature
Low Light Vision
No disadvantage attack roll or ability check penalties underwater.
40 ft swim speed
Due to their isolation, it is not uncommon for an Aquatic Lizardfolk to learn Aquan instead of Common (player choice).

Jungle:
+2 Wis
Keen Senses: Advantage on Perception checks while in jungle/forest areas, and proficiency in the Survival skill.
Forest-Born: Having grown up in the woods, they pose no problems for your movement. 40ft movement speed while in jungle/forest areas, and cannot have impeded movement.
Evolution: You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and poison damage resistance
The natural armor bonus is too high. 5e uses bounded accuracy, which you should read up on. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Saurian (Dinosaurs > Dragons)
Str +2
Age: Due to their nature, Saurians rarely live past 30, and are considered of-age at 10. The oldest recorded Saurian lived until he died in combat at the age of 55 (after taking down an army single-handedly).
Alignment: Saurians are very straightforward in their thought process, and cannot be Neutral (only LG, CG, LE, CE).
Large Sized (8-10’ tall and weigh about 350 pounds), 40 ft speed
Saurian Soldier Training: Proficiency with Longsword, Greatsword, and All Armors
Saurians can wield large-sized weapons (cost 50% more, increase damage by one dice of medium-sized weaponry).
You gain disadvantage when attacking a small or smaller-sized opponent.

Battle-Bred:
Con +1
You gain proficiency in Athletics and Constitution saves.
Battle-born: Gain +1 to all melee weapon damage with racial weapons
"Goodbye": When attempting to disengage a target, roll a d6. If the roll is a 6, you may disengage without using your action for the turn.

Tribal:
Int +1
Choose two skills from History, Nature, and Survival; You are proficient in those skills.
You gain proficiency with an Herbalism kit, and begin the game with one for free.
Choose an Artisan's Tools; you gain proficiency with those tools.
See minotaurs.

Sergal
Medium Size, 40 ft Speed
Str +2
Languages: Common, Sergal
Age: Sergals typically leave home after the age of 8, and few survive to adulthood at 16. Sergals are theorized to have a lifespan of only 30 years due to their hyperactive lives.
Alignment: The majority of Sergals are pursuers of whim, and tend fall along the Chaotic line (can never be lawful).
Proficient with all Armors, and with Halberds and Glaives.
Bloodthirst: Advantage on attacks against creatures below one-fourth of their max health
Frenzy: +1 to damage while at or below half of your max health

Desert:
Dex +1
You gain proficiency in either the Survival or Medicine skill.
Scarcity: You only need half the normal amount of food and water after decades in the harsh heat.

Tundra:
Wis +1
You gain proficiency in either the Perception or Intimidation skill
You do not take a speed penalty from wearing Heavy Armor

This one is actually pretty good, except I would reduce their speed to 30 feet.

Starcofski
2014-10-02, 06:55 PM
Are humans supposed to be banned in this setting? All of your races are overpowered.
That's a bad habit I need to break, unfortunately.

+2 Dex +1 Wis is fine with these traits. Blood Frenzy isn't that great of an ability for a PC. The intimidate ability is pretty nice as a defining racial feature, especially since intimidate is roughly the worst social skill.
Also, the skill is named Charisma (Intimidation) now.
Was not sure that only PCs could survive below 0 HP, was setup as a "FINISH THEM" type deal. If they are, then maybe this should be re-designed to be like Cleave instead.

The Small-sized advantage/disadvantage mechanic is neat, but far too situational to be an effective drawback against "I'm a minotaur barbarian with a 2d12 damage melee weapon". I would drop their size to Medium and give them something a bit more balanced. Damage scaling in 5e is much more serious of an ability than it was in 3e.
One option would be the ability to wield versatile weapons one-handed at full damage. Another option would be the ability to add an extra weapon damage die to a damage roll once per short rest (similar to what bugbears have).

See above. Still too much damage. A minotaur does an insanely high amount of damage compared to a member of any other race. The dual-wielding longswords trick isn't too bad, but adding your proficiency to damage is too much.
In that case, would probably go with the medium-size group, and cut the proficiency bonus.
Also, I'm thinking (after the bounded accuracy and Lizardfolk point) of reducing to 16 AC cap for the Maze ability, including shields and class abilities (so a light armor caster gets a tad more ac, but it's useless on anyone in heavy armor) Does this sound still too high?

This one is actually pretty good, except I would reduce their speed to 30 feet.
I would argue 35 ft; being quicker than the others is intended. If there's a fight, they'll want to be the first ones in the fray.

Will update to version 4 in a bit. Might need a bit more flavoring on some pieces though.

Starcofski
2014-10-04, 05:31 PM
Version 5:
-Removed Mountain Minotaur Attribute bonus
-Changed Minotaur core attribute bonus from strength to constitution
-Added new bonus to Maze Minotaur
-Removed Maze Minotaur armor bonus
-Removed Lizardfolk natural armor bonus
-Added new "Tail" bonus to Lizardfolk
-Reduced Hold Breath length (was 10x, is 4x)
-Removed Saurian core attribute bonus
-Removed Battle-Bred Saurian "Goodbye" ability

Starcofski
2014-10-13, 07:55 PM
Version 6 changes:
-Cleaned up formatting a bit
-Gnoll:
--Added 1 Dex
--Added Strong Nose ability
-Minotaur:
--Reduced speed by 5 ft
-Lizardfolk:
--Decreased Hold Breath duration to 10 minutes
-Saurian:
--Put Powerful Build under Battle-Bred subrace
--Removed Battle-Bred Constitution bonus
--Added core Strength bonus
--Increased Armor cost boost to 50%
--Removed Battle Born bonus
-Sergal:
--Added restriction to Frenzy

For now, I consider the Sergal and Gnoll to be the best in terms of balance (Sergal is likely a little bit over the desired power level still).
Lizardfolk is getting there, but their design is a polar opposite of current racial paradigms.
Saurian and Minotaur will probably continue to be reduced, as they both still appear to be too Munchkin-y for their intended goal.
Considering cutting the saurian down into one race and removing Tribal, as it does not feel like it should exist for a combat-focused people.

Ursus the Grim
2014-10-23, 02:42 PM
For now, I consider the Sergal and Gnoll to be the best in terms of balance (Sergal is likely a little bit over the desired power level still).
Lizardfolk is getting there, but their design is a polar opposite of current racial paradigms.

The Lizardfolk isn't the only one. For instance, the Gnoll entries in the MM suggest that their highest stat is Strength (followed by Dex and Con), but your creation instead increases Dex and Wisdom instead. What was your thought process in deviating so dramatically from what one might expect, in these cases?

Not a criticism, by the way, I'm not arguing your design choices, just trying to get some advice/insights that I might benefit from for my own work. I do like that you aren't afraid to clash with the paradigm.

(Also, I've linked to your thread in my own Lizardfolk 'brew, so that people unhappy with my version have a strong alternative!)

Starcofski
2014-10-23, 06:57 PM
The Lizardfolk isn't the only one. For instance, the Gnoll entries in the MM suggest that their highest stat is Strength (followed by Dex and Con), but your creation instead increases Dex and Wisdom instead. What was your thought process in deviating so dramatically from what one might expect, in these cases?
That decision was made Pre-MM. Wanted to be Dex primarily for speed and agility, but went with Wis as a secondary because I believed they might pursue the tribal/pack nature more than the savagery (which is better for teamwork).

(Also, I've linked to your thread in my own Lizardfolk 'brew, so that people unhappy with my version have a strong alternative!)
As I become more familiar with this edition, I'll likely model some others closer to this setup. A Frog from the amazon is vastly different from the one in your backyard, to share my reasoning. Though, arguably, your model is closer to the racial division that was intended, so it might be more acceptable.