PDA

View Full Version : help me on creation item rules plz..

Kerilstrasz
2014-02-15, 08:30 PM
I'm terribad with create items rules, but i ve seen in this forum plenty of threads about what i need but i just can't find any of these after 20 mins search.

I can create eternal wands, but the MIC has E.W. only till lvl 3.
Can someone provide me cost,time and Xp for the rest 6 levels?

if you are not familiar with eternal wands, they are as normal wands but they have only 2 charges that recharge every day at dawn.

Tank you for your time :smallsmile:

JDL
2014-02-15, 08:44 PM
If you're looking for a 2/day charged item, you can quite easily find the rules for such an item in the Craft Wonderous Item section of item crafting. The formulas are of course completely subject to approval by your DM, but it's a fairly trivial matter to craft a wonderous item with no space limitation, command word activated, 2 charge per day of whatever spell you want by the book's formula.

Creating Magic Items (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm)

unseenmage
2014-02-15, 10:47 PM
The Google, it is your friend.
Is this what you're looking for? (http://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=68666)

Kerilstrasz
2014-02-15, 10:57 PM
looking at the page you provided i realized that i'm using it wrong.
what i mean...

MIC table:
for eternal wand with a spell lvl1 the given market price is 820gold.

but when i try to follow the process using the table i get 1440gold..

what i do..
Command word: Spell level1 × caster level × 1,800 gp
1 x 1 x 1800 = 1800
Charges per day: Divide by (5 divided by charges per day)
1800 / (5/2) = 720
No space limitation: Multiply entire cost by 2
720 x 2 = 1440

so.. i'm doing something wrong for sure..

eternal wands are in page 159 of magic item compendium.
can someone with experience in this thing tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Nirhael
2014-02-15, 11:06 PM
The link unseenmage provided has the correct formula: Spell level * Caster level * 1800 (command word) * 2 / 5 ( 2 charges per day) + 100 (for the crystal rod)

On another note... you do realize that the MiC EW table only goes up to level 3 because they don't go higher right? For that matter, standard Wands "max out" at level 4.

Kerilstrasz
2014-02-15, 11:35 PM
i was talking about the 1 link.. the 2nd is ok.. i see my mistake..

my DM is ok about creating higher level eternal wands..
i'm quoting him ".. if you have the spare XP, the money and the time go ahead. You should be sure though to keep em safe as these things would be extremely rare items and maybe be stolen if you are not careful"

Thank you all very much

Invader
2014-02-16, 09:51 AM
Etch Schema would probably be a better, cheaper, legal option although you have to be lvl 10 to meet the prereq.