PDA

View Full Version : (PF) PVP lv 12 (animal companions)

JohnStone
2014-02-15, 09:44 PM
im looking to utilize animal companions in a pvp (1on1) Pathfinder game.
LVL 12, 25 point buy
its been said that skills and charisma could be useful...
there will be large island arenas, with time to buff, hide,or stalk/track the other combatant.
NO FLYING

PACK HUNTING
im looking at druid(pack lord),Ranger(beastmaster) or possibly Cavalier(Huntsman).

MOUNT
A different approach, but im looking at cavalier(beastrider)(T-REX) or possibly the mounted Ranger (https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=11JBYSqZhVxgKCPjYJBhH13k73j6fUoeFnVCKwutC42 M) using a wolf or T-Rex

any opinions would be appreciated (I like the idea of pack hunting, but I also want to win)

Bigbeefie
2014-02-16, 03:09 AM
Gonna be honest. Go with the druid. Druid is a Teir 1 class compared to not being their 1 in a 1v1 fight.

But no flying even in a form? Like out of all magics flight is the thing that receives the no go?

I'd be a wizard. With the right spells and feats if you go first you will auto win with your spells. Invisablity is super strong. Summon monsters while invis followed up with control style spells. You can then raise the ones you kill with necromancy. As far as skills you can get perception and survival on a headband of intelligence.

Bickerstaff
2014-02-16, 07:27 AM
Well, if you want two animal companions that both scale fully:

1. Be a Small race (like Halfling).
2. 4 levels of Cavalier.
3. 8 levels of Nature Oracle (or Druid I guess, but I prefer the Oracle).
4. Grab the Horse Master and Boon Companion feats.
5. You now have 2 Large-sized wolves that fully scale.

Bonus option: bump their Int to 3 at level 4 so they learn better feats, then try and pimp out their CMB for trips (to take advantage of the "No Flying" rule); this could include Outflank as a Teamwork feat for both of them, as bonus to attacks can apply to trips.