PDA

View Full Version : Horde recursive loop

raveneris
2007-01-29, 10:56 AM
This is a fantastic game for a fantastic comic. ( =

My friends and I were playing and got into a recursive loop in one room... we kept playing cards that had the horde and leader abilities and eventually ended up with one room with about 40 creatures. Does that situation seem right? Can other people clarify how they've played the horde ability?

I don't have the cards with me (I'm at work)... but it went something like this:

On the third floor (Battle size of 3)
1. Goblin with leader ability (Battle size + 1)
2. <some monster>
3. Monster with horde ability (+1)
4. Monster with leader ability (+1)
etc...

Seriously, 40 monsters. What do you guys think?

apegamer
2007-01-29, 01:32 PM
This has been discussed in some detail on this forum. Current indications are that we're going to update the FAQ to say that a monster will only support the top-most monster in the stack that it can support, rather than ALL of the monsters in the stack that it can support.

I'll go into more details on exactly how this will work soon. However, we're still playtesting this rule, and so I don't want to put out anything official without being sure that this is what we want to do.

EDIT: I want to clarify my comment above and add that a supporting monster will support the top monster that can be supported in ANY battle stack on the level.

Zink
2007-01-30, 05:06 AM
What about Belkar's "Probably Evil"? It specifically states that upon flipping, Belkar counts as a supporting card for all monsters on the same floor.

apegamer
2007-01-30, 08:56 AM
What about Belkar's "Probably Evil"? It specifically states that upon flipping, Belkar counts as a supporting card for all monsters on the same floor.

Right, we talked about that this past weekend. The prevailing thought is that Belkar would still count as a match for all monsters on the floor, just as the card says.

Remember, though, none of this is official until it goes to the FAQ.