PDA

View Full Version : Oversized TWF - Small upgrade

Qc Storm
2014-02-15, 10:42 PM
Would it be crazy to add the following effect to Oversized TWF?

In addition, you may use your full STR bonus on damage with your off-hand attack, as well as 1.5 your STR on main-hand attacks.

This makes OTWF more than a single damage dice upgrade, and reflects the strength of the character using it. It also allows for a more "brutal" TWF, rather than finesse.

XionUnborn01
2014-02-16, 12:47 AM
Balance wise I don't think it makes a huge difference, but flavor and fluff wise I like it. You don't prance and jab with a couple of rapiers, you slice and crush with greatswords.

Psycho Yuffie
2014-02-16, 03:37 AM
I dunno. I feel like you don't understand the original feat. It doesn't let you dual-wield greatswords or anything. It lets you wield a normal-sized weapons as if they are light. So -4/-4 gets reduced to -2/-2. Greatswords have their own category (two-handed). To wield two-handed weapons like a normal-sized weapon, you need Monkey Grip.

Qc Storm
2014-02-16, 04:57 AM
I dunno. I feel like you don't understand the original feat. It doesn't let you dual-wield greatswords or anything. It lets you wield a normal-sized weapons as if they are light. So -4/-4 gets reduced to -2/-2. Greatswords have their own category (two-handed). To wield two-handed weapons like a normal-sized weapon, you need Monkey Grip.

I understand that.

I just tried to match the extra bonus of holding a one-handed weapon two-handed.

Normally, dual wielding two one-handed weapons results in a 1x STR on your main hand, and 0.5 STr on the off-hand.

Since oversized TWF is a brutal kind of thing (and also happens to suck), I wanted to throw a freebie and allow full STR on the off-hand. Then I thought, why not allow 1.5x STR on the main hand too? Cause y'know, brutal.

But I guess it stops making sense at this point.

Psycho Yuffie
2014-02-16, 12:35 PM
Double Slice already allows you to add your full strength to you off-hand weapon. Making another feat to add 1.5 strength to your main hand wouldn't be strange. That would be cool. Pathfinder is all about have little feats that add up to big bonus. Powerful classes, lots of little feats. As opposed to 3.5 where classes were weaker, but the feats were more powerful. That's the reason why every character gets ten feats through level progression. The fighter gets twenty.

ElChOrC
2017-08-26, 12:25 PM
Balance wise I don't think it makes a huge difference, but flavor and fluff wise I like it. You don't prance and jab with a couple of rapiers, you slice and crush with greatswords.
Actually, it's not just flavour-wise. If OTWF, you then can pick Weapon Focus, Improved Critical, or whatever feat that applies to only one weapon, and have it work for both of them (if weilding, for example, two longswords). You can even use Power Attack in both weapons, since none of them is "light"