PDA

View Full Version : oh Shojo you sly dog you. *spoiler*

elliott20
2007-01-29, 12:09 PM
Just had to get one last snarky remark in before you go huh?

Shojo is now officially one of my favorite characters.

Wart
2007-01-29, 01:10 PM
Yeah, Shojo's been my favorite NPC since this one

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0379.html

Shame what happened to him. Though if you have to go, what a great last line!

Dausuul
2007-01-29, 01:14 PM
Yeah, Shojo's been my favorite NPC since this one

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0379.html

Shame what happened to him. Though if you have to go, what a great last line!

Eh, the clerics are on their way to resurrect the wizard. Surely they can just resurrect Shojo instead.

The Extinguisher
2007-01-29, 01:16 PM
I don't know, that last comment seemed like a bad idea to me.

Shojo hasn't been playing it very smart in the last few comics.

Haruki-kun
2007-01-29, 01:17 PM
Shojo Rockz now............Those were the greatest last words EVER................ Forget about "Et tu, Brute?"

Hail Shojo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miko got B!TCH-slapped!!!!!!!!!

Orzel
2007-01-29, 01:29 PM
Shojo is rather after Dinobot now on my list.

BrokenButterfly
2007-01-29, 01:32 PM
Sweet last words Shojo-san...
Better than the "Erk!" of many of the dead NPCs we have seen.

Green Bean
2007-01-29, 01:37 PM
Just had to get one last snarky remark in before you go huh?

Shojo is now officially one of my favorite characters.

Well, opportunities to make comments like that are pretty limited, what with requiring the direct intervention of the gods to make it really cool.

Sage in the Playground
2007-01-29, 08:31 PM
I don't know, that last comment seemed like a bad idea to me.

Shojo hasn't been playing it very smart in the last few comics.

True for 406, but hey, he was dead anyway. Always get the last laugh, even if its on you.

Well, opportunities to make comments like that are pretty limited, what with requiring the direct intervention of the gods to make it really cool.

Also true.

Artega
2007-01-29, 08:35 PM
Well, he could very well just be revived. Seeing as those clerics were arranged to come in that day to revive their teleport wizard.

Dudukain
2007-01-29, 08:37 PM
Why wouldn't Hinjo just lay on hands?

Shott
2007-01-29, 08:38 PM
YOu know, I used to hate Shojo. He was my least favorite character until 405.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-01-29, 08:42 PM

If his initiative wasn't good enough and Shojo was at -9 and got to attempt to stabilise before Hinjo had his go...

I don't know, I'm just pulling for answers here.

Snake-Aes
2007-01-29, 08:43 PM
Because he's REALLY already dead, don't you see the "X"s instead of his eyes?

Aegeus
2007-01-29, 08:45 PM

Everyone knows that Katana-related injuries (http://legendary.comicgenesis.com/d/20061201.html) can't be cured! :P

Raistlin1040
2007-01-29, 08:48 PM
Yeah Shojo's pretty much the coolest aristocrat ever.

Jachra
2007-01-29, 09:07 PM
Died happy, what more could you ask for?

Aside from a resplzkthx (I should be shot for that.)

Sage in the Playground
2007-01-29, 09:16 PM
Died happy, what more could you ask for?

Aside from a resplzkthx (I should be shot for that.)

You'd be surpised at how many times my paladin wanders by a random corpse in WoW and that shows up. Worse is when its some one in your group thats just so low for the instance you don't even notice they're dead. (As in they died do fast you didn't see it, or they were making so little difference in the fight. Like early Elan.)

ozymand1as
2007-01-29, 09:19 PM
Imagine if Sojo had a ghost...that would be really weird. He would just haunt Miko.

the_tick_rules
2007-01-29, 09:34 PM
of course every big character gets a final retort before they go.

RandomNPC
2007-01-29, 09:39 PM
Shojo Rockz now............Those were the greatest last words EVER................ Forget about "Et tu, Brute?"

Hail Shojo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miko got B!TCH-slapped!!!!!!!!!

i beleive the term is god-slapped

Sage in the Playground
2007-01-29, 09:41 PM
i beleive the term is god-slapped

A new meme is born. I intend to use this online before the week is out.

hanzo66
2007-01-29, 09:53 PM
RIP Shojo...

Ye had a cool name...

Soul-shadow
2007-01-29, 10:04 PM
Man, did Miko screw up big there. And Belkar will be all over that, either disappointed that he didn't get to do it, or in her face because it happened.

..____
/..... .\
| RIP. |
|Shojo|
|_____|

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-01-29, 10:12 PM
Forget about "Et tu, Brute?"
Off topic: the "et tu brute?" quote is actually rather pathetic. The "and you, Brutus?" translation is a common misconception. "Et" can be translated as either "and" or "even". In this case, it was the latter.
On topic:Yeah, Shojo Rocks.

ElfLad
2007-01-29, 10:21 PM
YOu know, I used to hate Shojo. He was my least favorite character until 405.

I still don't like Shojo. When he isn't being deceitful, he's being condescending to their face and puts on a big show about how he serves the "greater good" while treating individuals poorly unless he's manipulating them.

He's a Chaotic Good Miko.

The honest illusionist
2007-01-29, 10:22 PM
Shojo is rather after Dinobot now on my list.

Dinobot? Why Dinobot? I say Starscream. Shojo is clearly after Starscream, and after Shojo is Chuck Norris then Dinobot. Chuck Norris would be higher on my list (due to fear) but I have a cardboard cutout of Bruce Lee that should distract him while I escape.

By the time he's tired himself out massacring the effigy, I will have escaped and he will have assumed that the power of his kicks indirectly destroyed me.

Umbral_Arcanist
2007-01-29, 10:27 PM
I still don't like Shojo. When he isn't being deceitful, he's being condescending to their face and puts on a big show about how he serves the "greater good" while treating individuals poorly unless he's manipulating them.

But he lacks the oh so annoying holier than thou attitude. And in his defense he even treats individuals poorly when he is minipulating them. (Unless said minipulation requires good treatment). And he is serving the greater good, in the long run are his condescending insults to Belkar/Roy/Other People don't matter as much as the safety of his city and the safety of the gate

The honest illusionist
2007-01-29, 10:30 PM
By the Twelve Gods! He is the ruler of Azrue city. When he talks to anyone (who is not a ruler of a powerful empire filled with ruthless warriors) by definition he is condescending.

ElfLad
2007-01-29, 10:32 PM
Yes, because having a higher social status automatically means you must treat others like dirt.

Wait, isn't that part of why people hated Miko?

The honest illusionist
2007-01-29, 10:38 PM
No, but because he was highest in rank, technically he would have been talking down to everyone regardless of treatment.

Condescending means talking down to, if I'm correct.

Mr._Blinky
2007-01-29, 10:52 PM
Dinobot? Why Dinobot? I say Starscream. Shojo is clearly after Starscream, and after Shojo is Chuck Norris then Dinobot. Chuck Norris would be higher on my list (due to fear) but I have a cardboard cutout of Bruce Lee that should distract him while I escape.

By the time he's tired himself out massacring the effigy, I will have escaped and he will have assumed that the power of his kicks indirectly destroyed me.
Dammit, now I'm pissed off that I can't remember Dinobot's or Starscream's last words. Help please?

And yes, Shojo had awesome last words.

The honest illusionist
2007-01-29, 10:54 PM
Which continuity are we talking, Mr. Blinky?

Mr._Blinky
2007-01-29, 11:02 PM
Which continuity are we talking, Mr. Blinky?
No idea. I watched a lot of different TF stuff in small doses a long time ago and can barely remember any of it, though the big one was Beast Wars. Damn that was a kick-ass show :smallbiggrin:, especially since it was all done in CGI. I remember Dinobot dying in that one, but I can't remember Starscream beyond vague name recognition. It's entirely possible you are referrencing last words I have never heard anyways, but whatever.

Demented
2007-01-29, 11:09 PM
Paladins don't have a social status. Samurai do, but Miko only pulled that card once, and to no effect.

Shojo doesn't make a big show about his doing the greater good. Just the opposite. He puts on a big show about himself being a senile old fool, while treating everyone else like dirt as if he didn't know any better.

But that isn't what makes him great.
What's great is that he has panache while he's doing it.

The honest illusionist
2007-01-29, 11:10 PM
All I could find was: Megatron? Is that you?

From Transformers the movie.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-29, 11:14 PM
...There goes my short-lived liking of Miko!

Shojo is now my favourite character! Best last words ever!

MReav
2007-01-29, 11:16 PM
Dammit, now I'm pissed off that I can't remember Dinobot's or Starscream's last words. Help please?

And yes, Shojo had awesome last words.

I remember Starscream's last word (at least in the movie) was along the lines of: "Megatron?". Then gets a face full of laser.

Dinobot's were along the lines: "Tell my tale to those who ask, tell it truly, the ill deeds and the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence."

Orzel
2007-01-29, 11:26 PM

Starscream was boring. Dinobot was Hamlet with a rotating sword and shield.

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truely, the ill deeds with the good and let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence" vs None (Since Starscream's spark is immortal).

Mr._Blinky
2007-01-29, 11:28 PM
Starscream was boring. Dinobot was Hamlet with a rotating sword and shield.

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truely, the ill deeds with the good and let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence" vs None (Since Starscream's spark is immortal).
Yeah, I seemed to remember Dinobot as being particularly bad-ass. He's the one who know one really every trusted, right?

But I think we've derailed the thread enough. Lets get back on topic.

Kaiox
2007-01-29, 11:38 PM
Shojo is officially dead now. :(

I doubt that the clerics will revive him due to plot reasons.

ShiningTed
2007-01-30, 02:12 AM
Maybe they will be too busy fighting Xykon to be able to resurrect him.

Classic last words, though, and so totally in character... now thats writing!

Kilbia
2007-01-30, 09:43 AM
i beleive the term is god-SMACKED

Fixed that for ya. :smallbiggrin:

Duke of URL
2007-01-30, 10:02 AM
Eh, the clerics are on their way to resurrect the wizard. Surely they can just resurrect Shojo instead.

Shojo's old enough that he probably has a DNR (do not resurrect) order on file.

Orzel
2007-01-30, 10:09 AM
Plus any big city should have rez halt after big battles. After 100+ warriors die, picking and choosing who gets ressurected is bad for morale and costly if you do them all. Once Xylon shows up, the dead will stay dead.

The honest illusionist
2007-01-30, 11:59 AM
I don't think the dead will stay dead once Xykon is through with them...

ObadiahtheSlim
2007-01-30, 12:16 PM
Important NPCs are always allowed last words even after they hit -10 hp.

Also Sojo = coolest NPC so far. I really started liking him when he threw the wizard at Roy and he just got better afterwards. A shame he had to die.

Peptuck
2007-01-30, 12:20 PM

You mean when he isn't trying to avoid getting stabbed in the face by noble-deployed ninjas, he's talking down to people who have abused his trust while explaining why he's going to extreme lengths to keep the world safe from a soul devouring entity of deific frustration, while treating everyone in a manner consistent with his necessary senility act, unless they've abused his trust.

JKR
2007-01-30, 12:20 PM
Man, did Miko screw up big there. And Belkar will be all over that, either disappointed that he didn't get to do it, or in her face because it happened.

But Belkar liked Shojo. If anything, he's going to be pissed she killed him.

ElfLad
2007-01-30, 12:35 PM
You mean when he isn't trying to avoid getting stabbed in the face by noble-deployed ninjas, he's talking down to people who have abused his trust while explaining why he's going to extreme lengths to keep the world safe from a soul devouring entity of deific frustration, while treating everyone in a manner consistent with his necessary senility act, unless they've abused his trust.

Shojo tries to prevent the world's destruction by sending people to fight evil, but when was the last time he ever showed a "concern for the dignity of sentient beings?"

Oh, snap!

Sage in the Playground
2007-01-30, 04:57 PM
Umm... When he said if he makes a mistake half amillion citizens suffer for it...

ElfLad
2007-01-30, 05:16 PM
And how exactly does that entail a concern for the dignity of sentient beings? In a way that does not abuse the phrase "greater good." Most neutral characters prefer the "Greater Good" over the "Greater Evil."

ibitak84
2007-01-30, 05:30 PM
Well, this is exactly how: The Citizen of Azure City seem to be sentinent. The Snarl eating their souls would probably also entrail some negative effect on their dignity. Being concerned about this, Shojo is thus concerned about the dignity of sentinent beings.

Deepblue706
2007-01-30, 09:45 PM
Shojo was badass. It's a shame he died. But then, it doesn't really matter since he's supposed to come back Robo-Cop style in 9 episodes...

...whoops.