PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Rogue Help

Callin
2014-02-16, 09:30 AM
Playing a Rogue 1/Magus 1 (going Rogue 18/Magus 2) and im using the Street Magician (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/drop-dead-studios---rogue-archetypes/street-magician) and Urban Ninja (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/drop-dead-studios---rogue-archetypes/urban-ninja) Arctypes (3rd party I know but allowed). Im really having trouble picking which spells I should nab, and what Rogue Talents I should get or if I should turn em into spells or more uses of my spells (they are Spell Like Abilities btw). I dont get very many but I figure a few spells is better than no spells. Or I could grab Ninja Talents but I get a very low Ki Pool (was mostly going for the passives but spending 1 for an extra attack when I absolutely need it is awesome.)

What spells would you all grab from the Sorc/Wiz List (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-lists-and-domains/spell-lists---sorcerer-and-wizard)? So far I got Prestidigitation at will and Message 2/day. At Rogue 2 I can get a 1st lvl from my Major Magical Talent and I was thinking of Vanish though I could grab the Ninja Vanishing Trick but it costs Ki Points (which I get more of every 3 levels starting at 5th) and then that could become Invisible Blade when I can get Master Tricks, its an option I am looking at. OH DM ruled that as long as the Spell is on the Magus Spell List I can use it with Spell Combat/Spell Strike.

Rogue Spell Like Abilities and the level I get them.
1-0
3-0
6-1
8-1
10-2
12-2
14-3
16-3
18-4

I also get Magus Spells right now I have
0:Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Disrupt Magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Spark
1:
Chill Touch, Color Spray, Mount, Shocking Grasp, Shield, Vanish.

I was mostly thinking of using Magus as Utility slots. Was thinking about Silent Image instead of one of those. What would you trade out?

Talents
The guide is not very helpful in this aspect since im not even remotely close to any of the builds he suggests. Should I even bother with them since I can nab spells or increase my daily uses?

I do like the Assassinate Master Trick though. I guess playing the game and seeing how everything works out will determine if this is worth it or not.
Swift Stealth could be useful possibly.

Ravens_cry
2014-02-16, 10:06 AM
Vanishing Trick and Invisible Blade are still awesome. Spending one ki point to get greater invisibility is still crazy efficient, especially since you can't get it as a spell if you take levels of magus.

Callin
2014-02-16, 10:36 AM
Yea I was guessing that. So now to just figure out when I should take it then...

watchwood
2014-02-16, 11:37 AM
For Cantrips from the Rogue abilites, take Mending and something else useful that doesn't appear on the Magus list, since Magus Cantrips will be infinite use.

Beyond that, I suggest damage spells/buffs/debuffs that scale well with your level. Since you can Sneak Attack with spells that need attack rolls, I would lean towards those. If your DM will let you port over the Orb of X spells from 3.5, those would be ideal. Shocking Grasp will be a staple for damage output, and ray of enfeeble is useful for the debuff against a lot of monsters/melee types. You can basically consult a Magus/Wizard guide to look for the best spells to cherry pick.

Ravens_cry
2014-02-16, 12:56 PM
Well, invisible blade you want ASAP. In fact, it should be your first advanced talent/trick. Haste, especially if you can't get it from another source is an excellent spell. It probably doesn't stack with the extra attack from ki, but the RAW is a little fuzzy. Mirror image, blur and displacement are all good as well. They don't grant sneak attack, but they are great protection spells.