PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Theory: the nature of the Rifts (SPOILARS)

Lheticus
2014-02-16, 12:10 PM
The "rifts" don't lead to a location like an alternate dimension or something--they just lead to some place or another in the OOTSverse--possible destinations only happen to include outer space, in orbit. The purple bits around the edges of the rifts? THEY are infinitesimal pieces of the Snarl, trapped in an ooga-booga-booga limbo place outside of time and space, and the Rifts can allow it to escape because they're tears in the fabric of reality itself. The whole "Gate" thing is nothing more than a MASSIVE misnomer.

What do you guys think? As my second active "calling it" theory, I think it's better than the first theory I posted here at least.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-02-16, 01:34 PM
So, do you think there is a place in OOTS world with water, but no living creatures?

Gift Jeraff
2014-02-16, 01:37 PM
But the splashing suggests that the Snarl is actually IN that other world.

Lheticus
2014-02-16, 02:54 PM
So, do you think there is a place in OOTS world with water, but no living creatures?

I wouldn't 100% rule it out.

But the splashing suggests that the Snarl is actually IN that other world.

Splashing? I canhaz that pointed out plz?

Porthos
2014-02-16, 03:08 PM
Splashing? I canhaz that pointed out plz?

Look directly above the heads of Laurin and Miron, as well as some of the Weepie soldiers.

Lheticus
2014-02-16, 03:21 PM
Look directly above the heads of Laurin and Miron, as well as some of the Weepie soldiers.

That REALLY took me some doing to spot. Wow. I don't think I'm a big fan of the Giant using such passive colors for water...but okay. It would've been cool, though. A big "wtf" plot twist.