PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Discussion on the Problems with Lycanthropy

MobiusHero
2014-02-16, 02:24 PM
This is a follow up topic from the Question thread.
I am aware that the rules as written say that a Lycanthrope uses the Natural armor bonus of the Base animal +2, however what if the Base Creature has a Higher Natural Armor bonus? Possibly even just a slightly lower one? It seems odd to me (amongst other things) that even if you have substantial natural armor in your humanoid form it doesn't count for beans to the supposed Hybrid form. I am of the belief that the rule in question was written with humanoids without natural armor in mind and may be in need of an update.
What do you guys think?

Also feel free to discuss any other Lycanthrope related issues here. ^_^

holywhippet
2014-02-16, 05:12 PM
I am aware that the rules as written say that a Lycanthrope uses the Natural armor bonus of the Base animal +2, however what if the Base Creature has a Higher Natural Armor bonus? Possibly even just a slightly lower one? It seems odd to me (amongst other things) that even if you have substantial natural armor in your humanoid form it doesn't count for beans to the supposed Hybrid form. I am of the belief that the rule in question was written with humanoids without natural armor in mind and may be in need of an update.
What do you guys think?

My thought is the you are physically transforming yourself when you switch forms like using a polymorph spell. In that case it doesn't matter what your old body was like, your new body is the only thing that matters.

A note on there werebear page: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/lycanthrope/werebear says that for your hybrid for you use the better of your two original forms which makes sense as you are halfway between the two. I don't see where that detail is written down originally though.

Bigbeefie
2014-02-17, 04:35 PM
What do you guys think?

Natural armor stacks. It uses the base creature +2. Meaning if it had 3 NA it would have 5 Natural armor.