PDA

View Full Version : people as weapons

shylocke
2014-02-16, 04:36 PM
Does anyone remember the old halfling thrower prestige class? I know it doesn't exist anymore but if you took improvised weapons and weapon focus humanoid or halfling could it work? Assuming it does, can you use QuickDraw and multi throw or thrown weapon master tricks with it? And could you use the kensai signature weapon ability to apply effects?

Omegas
2014-02-16, 07:47 PM
Are you saying
Throw the Halfling at the target? Like Colossus does with wolverine?

In 3.5 I believe the thrower would have to be 2 size categories larger then the ball. The thing is, short of a monk Halfling attacks like body slams are not considered melee weapons, and special abilities that apply to weapons usually state what types of weapons they can be applied to and/or if they can be conveyed to an third party's weapon. A living Halfling is not a melee weapon, regardless of how many dragons might find it amusing.

Additionally how many Halflings is the creature planning on keeping in it's pocket as ammo, to throw several of them in one round?

Mandark
2014-02-16, 11:12 PM
Race of Stone: Pg 139; Fling ally feat
Just have the ammo ready an action to attack when they get there. The ammo can even do a full attack because the thrower did the moving.

shylocke
2014-02-17, 01:47 AM
Race of Stone: Pg 139; Fling ally feat
Just have the ammo ready an action to attack when they get there. The ammo can even do a full attack because the thrower did the moving.

That's just the feat I needed. Now I just need to convince my when party to play small characters. I'll just be a half ogre

gorfnab
2014-02-17, 02:11 AM
That's just the feat I needed. Now I just need to convince my when party to play small characters. I'll just be a half ogre
Or you could just take the Leadership feat or levels in Thrallherd. Either way make sure that the Halflings have the Swarmfighting feat.

Telonius
2014-02-17, 02:25 AM
A Drunken Master can probably use a Small character as an Improvised one-handed weapon. (One-handed weapons are one size category smaller than the user). It would probably emulate a mace, or a morningstar if he has spiked armor. But do be careful:

When a drunken master rolls a natural 1 on an attack roll while using an
improvised weapon, that weapon breaks apart and becomes useless.

geekintheground
2014-02-17, 04:35 AM
A Drunken Master can probably use a Small character as an Improvised one-handed weapon. (One-handed weapons are one size category smaller than the user). It would probably emulate a mace, or a morningstar if he has spiked armor. But do be careful:

so their class levels are replaced with monk?

kirerellim
2014-02-17, 04:50 AM
Oh god. Those ones. You'd need a level in thrallherd so you get the broken ones back.

Zweisteine
2014-02-17, 05:36 AM
Yeah. Thrallherd would work better. And, if you can get flying believers (anthropomorphic bats, maybe), your ok lowers can just fly back!

Don't forget to give them spiked armor.

Jgosse
2014-02-17, 07:16 AM
Have a bag of holding and keep it full of warforged scouts.

shylocke
2014-02-17, 02:04 PM
Have a bag of holding and keep it full of warforged scouts.

That's what i was thinking. Would the throw do bludgeoning DMG and allow a charge attack? Or should I throw some sort of monkey or pissed off cat.

Defiled Cross
2014-02-17, 02:21 PM
Used to do this all the time with my Half-Orc Barbarian..

..unfortunately, his aim was ****, being a devout follower of Gruumsh and all.

:smallbiggrin:

shylocke
2014-02-17, 02:41 PM
Used to do this all the time with my Half-Orc Barbarian..

You should have been throwing elf children and adult heads.

Red Fel
2014-02-17, 02:43 PM

Eye see what you did there.

shylocke
2014-02-17, 02:56 PM
Damn! I didn't even see that! He has no depth perception! Lol!

Callin
2014-02-17, 02:57 PM
The Depth of that joke was Gauged well...