PDA

View Full Version : Warlock PrCs

Electrohydra
2014-02-16, 06:17 PM
Hi playground, I need your help finding a warlock PrC. My searches so far have proved less than spectacular, so I figured I might try crowdsourcing with the experts. :smallbiggrin:

Here are the requirements:
-System is D&D 3.5 (Neverwinter Nights 2, for those that know the game)
-Universe is Forgotten Realms, and re-flavoring is probably not going to pass.
-Preferred power level around tier 4.
-Something that isn't too complicated would be best. This has to be coded into a computer game after all.
-Any sourcebook (barring for universes not FR) is great, Dragon Magazine is also okay, and homebrew is passable if very well balanced, but not preferred.

Alent
2014-02-16, 06:23 PM
If you're willing to or able to look at it, Kaedrin's class pack has a few of the warlock PrCs already implemented, your options are more or less "Hellfire Warlock", "Eldritch Theurge" and "Eldritch Disciple" as I understand it.

NWN2 or at least Kaedrin's pack uses the optional rule that lets you advance invocations with arcane casters, so I'm fond of Warlock/Bard/Stormcaller(warlock)/Hellfire Warlock.

Unless there's some kind of real time DM arbitration system, feel free to completely disregard the tier system as it relates to NWN2. Tier 1 and 2 really lose their bite when in a game engine where combat competency is the upper limit of what the game allows.

Electrohydra
2014-02-16, 06:45 PM
I'm trying to convince a coder friend to implement a brand new PrC into the game actually, so it doesn't have to be something that already exists in the game. Eldritch Disciple is a no no for balance reasons, but Eldritch Theurge might work.

nedz
2014-02-16, 06:56 PM
Here (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2997) are (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252715) some (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1110396) Warlock (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159708) handbooks which may help; Snowbluff should be along in a few minutes with an updated version of the second one.

It would be useful to know what sort of Warlock you are aiming for.

Electrohydra
2014-02-16, 08:55 PM
Hum, some of those information are useful, though most of the stuff in there is a little too RAW where I'd rather RAI warlock classes. Any chance of a similar source that encompasses Dragon Magazine stuff?

Yogibear41
2014-02-16, 09:16 PM
Off topic, but how are you still playing NWN 2? I looked around online and it appears to be dead and no longer available for play.

Alent
2014-02-16, 09:31 PM
Off topic, but how are you still playing NWN 2? I looked around online and it appears to be dead and no longer available for play.

The last time I tried to launch it, the official authentication server had been taken down, but you just wait for your credentials to bounce and it lets you on through anyway. Then there's single player and plenty of private servers around.

Yogibear41
2014-02-16, 09:46 PM
Oh, well I don't have the game so can't launch what I don't have. Was just curious :smallsmile:

Alent
2014-02-16, 10:12 PM
Oh, well I don't have the game so can't launch what I don't have. Was just curious :smallsmile:

I regret owning it. :smallfrown: Someone from my group insisted I get it when I joined so I'd get some 3.5 "experience" in... all I really learned from it was bad habits and how not to build a level 30 character.

Electrohydra
2014-02-16, 10:46 PM
Yeah some of us still use it as something between a virtual tabletop and a mini-MMORPG. (Even more off-topic, but Neverwinter Nights 1 is also still "alive", and with more players than 2). But enough off topic, if anyone really wants to know, you can PM me.

As for the type of warlock I hade in mind, my own warlock is a charisma-based, Fey-pacted warlock, but anything would so, I'm not looking as much for something for my own PC (warlock 30 will do me fine if I have to), but generally to give fun options for warlocks.