PDA

View Full Version : Ring of dark hidden

kpumphre
2014-02-16, 11:35 PM
So I just noticed this and wanted to know if it works about blind fighting? Any good ideas for items to go along with it. activation items that grant darkness perhaps?

Segev
2014-02-16, 11:42 PM
Blindfighting would work against it as well as it works against any invisible creature or when the blindfighter is unable to see. All this ring does is make you invisible in the dark. Which is useful against creatures with Darkvision.

It would only be really useful with a Darkness spell if you also had darkvision AND the effect of either the Devil's Sight invocation (warlock thingie) or Ebon Eyes (from Spell Compendium; badly written, but the best I can interpret is that it lets you see in magical darkness out to the range of your darkvision). Otherwise, Darkness blinds you as effectively as everybody else, since the spell specifically obscures Darkvision as much as normal vision.

Rubik
2014-02-16, 11:49 PM
It would only be really useful with a Darkness spell if you also had darkvision AND the effect of either the Devil's Sight invocation (warlock thingie) or Ebon Eyes (from Spell Compendium; badly written, but the best I can interpret is that it lets you see in magical darkness out to the range of your darkvision). Otherwise, Darkness blinds you as effectively as everybody else, since the spell specifically obscures Darkvision as much as normal vision.The No Light cantrip (especially on a wand) is the best thing to use with the RotDh, since darkvision works with it easily enough. Extremely cheap way to become invisible if you have any way to see in the dark.