PDA

View Full Version : Wombo Spell Combo Advice Needed

Ace Nex
2014-02-17, 12:07 AM
Currently I'm in a game where I am an Archivist 5/Malconvoker 5/Thaumaturgist 1 and a 10th level Wiz 5/Swordsage 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 4. Fight now we're working on spell combos that could be fun to line up and take down a variety of circumstances quickly.

Here's what I got so far

Spell Combo

Solid Fog of insanity
JPM: Cast Solid Fog/Fog Cloud (Solid Fog Pref
Malc: Summon Acherai or Fiendish Dire Bats (summon 1d4+2, +11 to hit)
Effect: Solid Fog reduces their ability to move (only 5 feet a round) and monsters inside make monsters insane/damage them. Next round JPM can run in with shadow stride, FOM, or 3rd eye of freedom and punch people (has scent/Blindsense), can use immediate magic to “Disappear into the fog” 10 feet teleport. Malc can continue to drop in summons or use wall spells to further divide up persons inside. JPM can avoid insanity in the fog through superior positioning.

Ultra Mega Death Punch
Malc Cast: Bloodwind on JPM, Cast Celerity, Draconic Polymorph into Sun Giant
JPM: Cast True Strike (Blades of Blood if it’s up), Use Searing Blade Boost, Celerity, Ruby Nightmare Blade from range, charge with 4th level spell (x2)
Counts as 2 more sizes larger, high STR, Deal additional 3d6+2d6+10+4d10+4d4 and all damage X2. Done at range. It HURTS. Use with caution, at the end of this, both are dazed for a round, and burns a good chunk of spells for the day.

You Cannot Harm Me
JPM: Celerity as immediate action, hit self or ally with Resilient Sphere. Immune to all damage. Malc can do so too. Can drop solid fog or fog cloud spell on them to break LOS for spells if reslient sphere has been used/not prepared.

In my Sights…
JPM Must Use a Strike One Round Prior
Malc casts Targeting Ray, grants +4 insight to hit with a ray
JPM: Double Empowered Scorching Ray, each deals 9d6 Fire damage, maximize for 108 damage. (We have two rods of lesser maximize).

Anyone have anything else I may be missing that could be fun to do? The DM has a habit of throwing CR monsters about 8 above the party I'm in because we have about 9 people in the group and we have some pretty optimized players as well, cheese is perfectly OK. Thanks!

unseenmage
2014-02-17, 02:09 AM
Check my sig for info on War Spells and their application. They are about as cheesey as spells get though so beware.