View Full Version : Shojo's Death (Spoilers and Speculation)

Constantinople
2007-01-29, 02:00 PM
Ok, I don't play DnD or that kind of game, but I do play Wargames which gives me a little insight into the rules. Anyway, I have a question:

Since Miko used a feat I think is called "Great Cleave", does this have any effect on resurrecting Shojo? I mean, we already know it's possible, and even Durkon can do it. And the city must have 5,000 gp worth of Diamonds somewhere in case of such incidents. (Although, then why would Shojo fear assassination if he could get resurrected?)

Or has the situation made it impossible to resurrect Shojo?

Sorry, but I'm not too knowledgeable on the whole resurrection business. For some reason, they couldn't do it in the D&D Movie, either.

AKA_Bait
2007-01-29, 02:03 PM
Ok, I don't play DnD or that kind of game, but I do play Wargames which gives me a little insight into the rules. Anyway, I have a question:

Since Miko used a feat I think is called "Great Cleave", does this have any effect on resurrecting Shojo? I mean, we already know it's possible, and even Durkon can do it. And the city must have 5,000 gp worth of Diamonds somewhere in case of such incidents. (Although, then why would Shojo fear assassination if he could get resurrected?)

Or has the situation made it impossible to resurrect Shojo?

Sorry, but I'm not too knowledgeable on the whole resurrection business. For some reason, they couldn't do it in the D&D Movie, either.

Miko's taking Shojo down with Cleave doesn't make any diffrence in Shojo possibly being rezzed. However, the fact that Shojo is really old might make it impossible.

dj2145
2007-01-29, 02:06 PM
I dont see where Miko used cleave in the strip. She only attacked one individual. Maybe the chair counted as the first victim and she cleaved through to Shojo? Nah, I think this one was just a super badass crit. Lotsa damage and a really old stick figure.

J

Green Bean
2007-01-29, 02:07 PM
Miko's taking Shojo down with Cleave doesn't make any diffrence in Shojo possibly being rezzed. However, the fact that Shojo is really old might make it impossible.

Age is only a factor if he died of old age the instant before he would have died of a sword stroke. That seems pretty unlikely

Erai
2007-01-29, 02:10 PM
Age is only a factor if he died of old age the instant before he would have died of a sword stroke. That seems pretty unlikely
Three words though: Minus Two Constitution :smallwink:

Twilight Jack
2007-01-29, 02:11 PM

Like I've been saying, the clerics are going to attempt to resurrect Shojo, then grimly inform Hinjo, Roy, and Belkar that it is impossible, as Shojo died of old age.

:roy: Old age!?! He was cut nearly in half!!!

Cleric: Yes, although it appears that isn't what killed him.

:roy: Wait. Are you telling me that he was practically bisected, dropped into seriously negative hit points, and then died because he just happened to come due for the consequences of a dice roll made who knows how long ago? That's pretty strange coincidence. . .

:belkar: Yeah, that whole roll doesn't even account for anything more precise than the year. . .

Cleric: I'm sure if your friend the bard were here, he'd be able to explain more thoroughly.

Sage in the Playground
2007-01-29, 09:27 PM
Like I've been saying, the clerics are going to attempt to resurrect Shojo, then grimly inform Hinjo, Roy, and Belkar that it is impossible, as Shojo died of old age.

:roy: Old age!?! He was cut nearly in half!!!

Cleric: Yes, although it appears that isn't what killed him.

:roy: Wait. Are you telling me that he was practically bisected, dropped into seriously negative hit points, and then died because he just happened to come due for the consequences of a dice roll made who knows how long ago? That's pretty strange coincidence. . .

:belkar: Yeah, that whole roll doesn't even account for anything more precise than the year. . .

Cleric: I'm sure if your friend the bard were here, he'd be able to explain more thoroughly.

It would be funny, but Shojo is woth more jokes then that. GHOST Shojo on the other hand... Rezzing Shojo would be sort of anti-climactic. (Especially after the Best Last Words Ever.)