PDA

View Full Version : PHB-2 Rebuilding (race) + leadership

Yogibear41
2014-02-17, 12:15 PM
So lets say I am a character around 10th level or so in a moderate to sometimes low magical setting, I have the leadership feat and I have a decent number of followers being 1st and 2nd level npcs and all that good stuff.

Now lets says I happen to be the 1st of a particular race on this particular plane of existence(I came from somewhere else) and do to my religion/beliefs/philosophy or some other reason I want to transform all my 1st and 2nd level human npcs into the same race as me (0 rhd no la playable race) in order to complete this sort of transformation what should it theoretically take? The npcs are not going to be able to complete some quest to do it, but I theoretically could.

Lord Vukodlak
2014-02-17, 01:57 PM
So lets say I am a character around 10th level or so in a moderate to sometimes low magical setting, I have the leadership feat and I have a decent number of followers being 1st and 2nd level npcs and all that good stuff.

Now lets says I happen to be the 1st of a particular race on this particular plane of existence(I came from somewhere else) and do to my religion/beliefs/philosophy or some other reason I want to transform all my 1st and 2nd level human npcs into the same race as me (0 rhd no la playable race) in order to complete this sort of transformation what should it theoretically take? The npcs are not going to be able to complete some quest to do it, but I theoretically could.

Wish, Miracle those kinda spells. So in a moderate to low magic setting your pretty much boned.

I once had a character who was the 1st of a particular race on Krynn. Went out for a night of drinking woke up and noticed an incorrect number of moons in the sky.

Yogibear41
2014-02-17, 03:00 PM
Well those spells still exist its just that there aren't that many people walking around who can cast them, not to mention people who would actually want to cast them for the character. (this specific example is just an example of a character concept I have been working on in the back of my head, it would be something like his end goal or at least one if his major long term goals, starting from level 1)

Also why the incorrect number of moons?

Lord Vukodlak
2014-02-17, 05:08 PM
Well those spells still exist its just that there aren't that many people walking around who can cast them, not to mention people who would actually want to cast them for the character. (this specific example is just an example of a character concept I have been working on in the back of my head, it would be something like his end goal or at least one if his major long term goals, starting from level 1)
Well that's the hitch changing your race in a controlled manner isn't something that's well covered in D&D. Polymorph any object, wish, miracle all high level spell and issues with using any of them.

Also why the incorrect number of moons?
Krynn(Dragonlance) has three moons, though one is only visible to evil spellcasters.
My character was implied to have come from Eberron so he was used to seeing twelve small asteroid shaped moons not two large planet like ones.

Yogibear41
2014-02-17, 05:11 PM
Got ya on the moons.

As far as the changing of race, the PHB 2 lists it under rebuilding features which usually involves a quest, but one that the character has to do. (sort of how dragonborn are created) I was just wondering if it might be possible for my character to do the quest so affect other people.

I know it is basically up to my DM on how it would go, just seeing if anyone had any thoughts on the subject that maybe worthwhile.

Lord Vukodlak
2014-02-17, 05:24 PM
Got ya on the moons.
Seeing as he was a Lycanthrope a change in the number of moons messed with his head a little.(Krynn lacks lycanthropes). It was often wondered which moon(if any) might govern lycanthropic transformations but my character never infected anyone to find out.

As far as the changing of race, the PHB 2 lists it under rebuilding features which usually involves a quest, but one that the character has to do. (sort of how dragonborn are created) I was just wondering if it might be possible for my character to do the quest so affect other people.

I know it is basically up to my DM on how it would go, just seeing if anyone had any thoughts on the subject that maybe worthwhile.

That whole deal is just fluff to explain a way for a player to rebuild his character, just like undoing feat, skill or even class levels. Exactly what was done to change the characters race was never established. So this is really something you'll need to work out with the DM as some custom spell or ritual is going to be required.