PDA

View Full Version : Savage Bard to Swiftblade help

Bigmchuge
2014-02-17, 01:37 PM
I'm attempting a Savage Bard to Swiftblade progression and have come into some snags on how to approach it. Below I have a short version explanation and a long version explanation for those wanting more details. I've been allowed to retrain based on the PHB2 rules.

The goal is a melee bard (1h weapon and buckler or 2h weapon preferred). I'm willing to replace Martial Study, since I got it only for intimidation, and have acquired it permanently through the Wereboar affliction. The other benefit of the Martial Study was the use of Vanguard Strike. I'm also willing to give up Snowflake Wardance for something better.

What feats should I get to make my character an on par damage dealer as a Swiftblade? In what order should I get them? Any other general advise about Swiftblade would be welcomed, I was unable to find good resources on a bard Swiftblade that were not dex or TW builds.

Prospective Feats: Power Attack, Combat Casting, Leadership, Landlord, Arcane Strike, Haunting Melody

Short Version:
str: 16, Dex: 14, Con: 12, Int: 12, Wis: 10, Cha: 18(cloak of char. +2)

Savage Bard 3 / Bear Totem Barbarian 1
1st level feats: Dodge, Mobility, Lingering Song, Martial Study (Devoted Spirit)
1st level flaws: Brash, No Retreat
3rd level feat: Snowflake Wardance
Wereboar lycanthropy affliction: Improved Initiative, Blind Fight
Swapped out Fascinate for Healing Hymn
Swapped out Spell Breaker Song for Counter

Long Version:
My character is a Vettfang Skald from the Tree Ghost tribe in the north. Between 1st and 3rd level he would charge into battles and was knocked unconscious around 8 times. While at the Thunderbeast's burial mound, Grunwald, there was an attack by lycanthropes. I took on a wereboar in single combat and got gored. My character failed his checks and I didn't actually know he was afflicted until the first full moon. Thanks to the Grey Wolf tribe and DM fiat, I was able to maintain my CG allignment through a series of will saves and beatings. After that my character became a powerhouse. He's currently wielding a Mighty Whip +2, Silver mace for undead, and a broken Legendary Longsword, aka an Ulfberht. Side notes, he performed for Olothontor, the Minstrel Wyrm, and survived but I'm pretty sure he'll be coming back for more singing goodness and has set out on establishing the Ten Totem Trade Guild, which will ensure trade between cities and Uthgardt camps are accosted. My character has an obsession with speed, ancient weapons and military history. It's not enough for him to be fast, but that everyone else be slower too. On the whole he is a good guy, as far as savages go. His view on his own arcane magic is that it is a gift from the Tree Ghost Spirit, but despises other forms of magics, like any good Uthgardt.