PDA

View Full Version : Pacifying a Venerable Blue Dragon

Bigmchuge
2014-02-17, 06:56 PM
There is a particular Blue dragon that I have been told will be re-occurring in our campaign. Olothontor the Minstrel Wyrm. As long as I make 3 DC 35 performance checks in out of 6, he won't eat me and my party members, if they're brave/dumb enough to join me on our next meeting. I barely made the checks on our first encounter and that was with the help of spells and Action Points. I have two main questions.

1. Is there cause to believe that I could hook Olothontor up with a Lawful Neutral or Neutral dragon that can is capable of making DC 35 performance checks on the fly. I want to stay away from hooking him up with an evil dragon. A good dragon would be worth it if they'd accept him.

2. My friend and I had an idea of teaching a donkey to sing and offering him that as a gift. Any animal would do really, but we figured a singing/tap dancing donkey would be the most suiting. Is there a cheap and easy way of pulling this off.

Particle_Man
2014-02-17, 07:50 PM
1) There's always a chance. But it sounds expensive. :smallsmile:

2) Have a druid cast Awaken on the Donkey, then give it a bard level. Now the donkey singing *well* could be an issue . . .

Bigmchuge
2014-02-17, 09:23 PM
Hmm... So you're telling me I got a shot. I will continue to look for ways to hook up this dragon with a singing lady dragon.

I checked out the Awaken spell. 1d3 Cha added to animals. 3d6 to tree's. So I might be able to get him a singing tree. Donkey's only have a cha of 4, so even the best case scenario would make for a poorly singing donkey. One of my friends offered to pitch in money for a charisma modifying enchant to make this a reality.

Does anyone know of any inherently charismatic animals that might be better worth the cost of the spell?

Particle_Man
2014-02-18, 06:23 PM
Would lycanthropes be an option? That would get you more charisma.

Drachasor
2014-02-18, 06:59 PM
Have the party form a band and Assist on your perform checks. Each one that hits DC 10 gives a +2.

That's right, no matter how awful the people you are with are at music, they can only make things better! Or at least not any worse.

watchwood
2014-02-18, 07:17 PM
Have someone craft you a custom item that gives +perform ranks. Make sure your musical instrument is masterwork, for the extra +2. And see about custom researched spells for an extra boost.

Bigmchuge
2014-02-18, 07:44 PM
Would lycanthropes be an option? That would get you more charisma.

One of the members in my group is a werewolf and a new member of the Grey Wolf tribe, but I doubt any of them would go for it. I'm a recently afflicted wereboar myself.

Have the party form a band and Assist on your perform checks. Each one that hits DC 10 gives a +2.

That's right, no matter how awful the people you are with are at music, they can only make things better! Or at least not any worse.

Do you know where the source is for this? I looked but couldn't find it. that'd be great if its true. I could have 15 horrible singing donkey's get a DC 10 minimum and it'd be a +28 to the best one.

Have someone craft you a custom item that gives +perform ranks. Make sure your musical instrument is masterwork, for the extra +2. And see about custom researched spells for an extra boost.

I thought about that, +2 drums and I haven't found anything that directly boosts the perform skill, only charisma boosts. I could craft one and base it off the ring of Jumping. "Improved Ring of Perform(Percussion) +10, 10,000gp". And if what Drachasor says is true, that'd be enough to get a troupe of creatures stacking bonuses.

TaiLiu
2014-02-18, 07:46 PM
Do you know where the source is for this? I looked but couldn't find it. that'd be great if its true. I could have 15 horrible singing donkey's get a DC 10 minimum and it'd be a +28 to the best one.
That would be under the Aid Another section (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/usingSkills.htm#aidAnother) - though do note that the Dungeon Master is allowed to restrict the bonuses.

Bigmchuge
2014-02-18, 08:27 PM
That would be under the Aid Another section (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/usingSkills.htm#aidAnother) - though do note that the Dungeon Master is allowed to restrict the bonuses.

Thank you. I'll check with my DM on this. I'm curious if he'll go for it stacking.

Hangwind
2014-02-18, 08:53 PM
Why not? Backup singers are awesome!