PDA

View Full Version : New Light On Belkar's Prophecy *Spoilers*

Sage in the Playground
2007-01-29, 08:45 PM
Given the events of 407, Miko has lost her powers. Belkar would rather have her suffer as a Fighter-Without-Bonus-Feats than kill (given he was willing to die to accomplish that first time around). Windstriker has no one to summon him to Earth, and is therefore safe. Who do you think is going to die now?

Raistlin1040
2007-01-29, 08:46 PM
I'm thinking Miko gets killed by the goblins or Xykon during the invasion.

Sage in the Playground
2007-01-29, 09:07 PM
Belkar wouldn't cause that. Or if he does, explain a bit.

Jachra
2007-01-29, 09:08 PM
Who cares if he'd think it's worse, he still had death as a clause.

DomaDoma
2007-01-29, 09:09 PM
Unless Belkar gets to cause Miko's death in some indirect, disappointingly-unvisceral way, natch.

But if not, then, well, I don't see the oracle coming back into the picture.

Shapechanger
2007-01-29, 09:12 PM
I really can't see him killing Roy or V-man under the current circumstances, though they could chance over time, so my bet is still on the oracle. Somehow.

Glome
2007-01-29, 09:13 PM
There is no reason why Belkar wouldn't take the opportunity to kill Miko now that she has already fallen. I'd say that Miko as the prophesied victim of is more likely now that she's lost her powers and windstriker is no longer a valid target. The only issue now is that he still has the mark of justice on him, but that doesn't preclude him from causing her death indirectly.

Sage in the Playground
2007-01-29, 09:15 PM
Well V and Roy are PC protected, so I suppose he could find a way to the Celesial Plane to get Windstriker, OR Windstriker could come to Earth looking for Miko, and he could just get bored with Miko's suffering and kill her (Unlikely), so I suppose they aren't as safe as I thought.

Erk
2007-01-29, 09:16 PM
Given the way Rich writes, I see Belkar accidentally killing Miko when he would rather she live and suffer. That would disappoint Belkar horribly.

Of course, Windstriker is still out there, he just isn't Miko's horse anymore.

the_tick_rules
2007-01-29, 09:37 PM
maybe this was miko's "death." everything she lived for is now over. oracles are the unrivaled masters aof vagueness and double meanings.

xyzchyx
2007-01-29, 10:19 PM
I'm still thinking "Miko's stupid horse".

There is, after all, no prohibiting her from obtaining a normal mount, and doubtless it will not be nearly as intelligent as Windstriker was... by comparison, stupid, even.

Duke of URL
2007-01-30, 07:47 AM
I'm still thinking "Miko's stupid horse".

There is, after all, no prohibiting her from obtaining a normal mount, and doubtless it will not be nearly as intelligent as Windstriker was... by comparison, stupid, even.

I was thinking the same thing, but I hadn't gotten back to check the exact wording yet to be sure. Belkar was thinking about Windstriker, naturally, but now that Miko has to use a mundane beast, he'll wind up causing the death of the "stupid" horse, as compared to Windstriker, the "smart" horse.

Erk
2007-01-30, 07:48 AM
OUCH. Yeah, I almost feel sorry for Belkar now.

Freelance Henchman
2007-01-30, 08:09 AM
Isn't he supposed to die very soon (Oracle told him to savour his next birthday)? Considering the coming siege this seems pretty ominous.

Setra
2007-01-30, 08:11 AM
Isn't he supposed to die very soon (Oracle told him to savour his next birthday)? Considering the coming siege this seems pretty ominous.

But he hasn't had his birthday yet.

Freelance Henchman
2007-01-30, 08:15 AM
But he hasn't had his birthday yet.

When is it? :smallcool: It might already have been.

Copacetic
2007-01-30, 08:15 AM
Naw belkar won't die in the siege tooo obviuos.

On topic belkar wouldn't just say oh yell let's just go somewhere else when my worst enemy just lost the power to heal herself AND smite evil. He just wouldn't give killing miko up. And he could justify it to roy as payback for Shojo

Setra
2007-01-30, 08:17 AM
At the moment however, the Mark of Justice won't let him really fight against Miko

Dectilon
2007-01-30, 09:14 AM
New Belkar Project: Turn Miko evil.

The first part is done, making her lose her paladin powers. Perhaps it is time for some Sidious-action : )

Hmm... People keep talking about Blackguard, but that's just a prestige class, isn't it? Shouldn't there be some kind of anti-paladin (Death Knight?), or is there a logical reason why evil gods don't have their own champions? (I'm admittedly not very knowledgeable about the AD&D world.)

Setra
2007-01-30, 09:16 AM
New Belkar Project: Turn Miko evil.

The first part is done, making her lose her paladin powers. Perhaps it is time for some Sidious-action : )

Hmm... People keep talking about Blackguard, but that's just a prestige class, isn't it? Shouldn't there be some kind of anti-paladin (Death Knight?), or is there a logical reason why evil gods don't have their own champions? (I'm admittedly not very knowledgeable about the AD&D world.)

There are Evil Paladins of sorts, but I do not believe they are official.