PDA

View Full Version : Mind Over Body: Vitalist

CrankyPsion
2014-02-18, 01:58 AM
While reading over the d20pfsrd site I stumbled across a psionic healer class called the Vitalist.
I am a bit new to psionics and I wanted to know how the vitalist stacked up compared to other healers.

In short, is it worth anything or just a waste of ink on paper?

Detailed responses are always appreciated.

Fouredged Sword
2014-02-18, 08:22 AM
It is really, really good at keeping people alive.

I am playing RHOD as a pathfinder conversion, and as a level 6 sadist/lifeleech vitalist, I make the party almost impossible to wear down. I can buff with temp HP and remove hp loss with ease, and buff stats like crazy.

There are some issues, like the fact that you can't cure some status conditions like blind or deaf, but we worked around those with UMD.

Oddly enough, you are also a good debuffer at high levels, with the ability to force a target into the collective and manifest debuffs as network powers through metapsionic abilities. Once something enters your collective, it looses it's ability to save vs your powers. Take expanded knowledge mind control and dominate yourself your own collective of powerful bruisers.

CrankyPsion
2014-02-18, 07:33 PM
Well im glad to know that they are workable.
The idea of using your head like a psionic relay for your friend just seems too cool to pass on.

Fouredged Sword
2014-02-18, 07:54 PM
Also, look up the Cushion the Blow, Improved Cushion the Blow, and Greater Cushion the Blow. Both of them make someone near immortal in melee.

CrankyPsion
2014-02-18, 09:13 PM
Well looking back on it...
I wonder what would be more effective the vitalist or a tactician with battle medic substitution levels (d20pfsrd)