PDA

View Full Version : [DM][RHoD] Need help with Green Dragon

gawwy
2014-02-18, 02:17 AM
Hi all,

I'm running the red hand of doom adventure for a group. They have made it up to just before the Skull gorge bridge encounter with Ozyrrandion the CR 5 young green dragon.

Ozyrrandion has 4 feats: Improved Initiative, Hover, Flyby Attack and Alertness.

this is the first dragon i am running against my players and i want it to be a... memorable experience. so what could i replace the alertness feat with to make him more fun?

also as items he has an amulet of health that i feel is both lacklustre for effect on him and as potential loot for the players, what could i replace this with?

I was thinking of one of the mega breath feats as the adventure suggests to play him by using his flyby attack to do hit and runs with his breath weapon.

Thanks all.

shylocke
2014-02-18, 02:40 AM
Wingover or snatch? Or one of the quicken ability feats. Look in MM1. or draconomicon

Know(Nothing)
2014-02-18, 02:43 AM
What is the party made up of?

gawwy
2014-02-18, 03:16 AM
Party is made up of:

a swordsage
a binder
a gnome bard
a cleric/ninja/rouge mix
and a druid

The binder is fairly experienced and quite well versed in the rules (he usually dms), the cleric/ninja/rouge is also experienced and a pretty smart player loves ice slick and sneak attacks, the swordsage has played for a while and gets basic damage char op, the bard is new to the game completely but listens to advice from the other plays so he doesn't hinder plans. the druid is... special, he likes to hit things tho :)

as for snatch, as the dragon is only medium and his grapple mod is 14 im not sure that he would be able to actually grapple anyone but the bard. also im pretty sure grabbing one of the pcs and dropping them the 150 ft to the bottom of the gorge would be a death sentence that they can do nothing about. unless i give them all potions of feather fall or something ahead of time.

EDIT

thought i might add that the characters are all l6 and the dragon is a CR 5 dragon but he has support from a CR 3 Hobgoblin fighter 3 8 Hobgoblin warrior 4s and 2 hell hounds. also the entier combat takes place on a 10 foot wide bridge with archers in 4 towers around them. oh and they are meant to destroy the bridge.