PDA

View Full Version : Double-Weapon Master

Lorick
2014-02-18, 10:03 AM
Double-weapons always struck me as a waste of time, needing a feat to bump up the off-hand weapon from d6 to d8. As such, I made a class to focus on making them usable, but in the process I think I made it absurdly overpowered.

Double-Weapon Master

Requirements:
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (any double-weapon), Weapon Focus (any double-weapon), Two-Weapon Fighting

Hit Die: d10

Advancement:

1st Level: +1 Base Attack Bonus, +2 Fortitude, +2 Reflex, +0 Will, Weapon Mastery

2nd Level: +2 Base Attack Bonus, +3 Fortitude, +3 Reflex, +0 Will, Mighty Strike, Improved Weapon Mastery

3rd Level: +3 Base Attack Bonus, +3 Fortitude, +3 Reflex, +1 Will, Perfection of Form, Greater Weapon Mastery

Skill Points: 2 + Int
Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Profession (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex)

Weapon Mastery: At first level, the Double-Weapon Master gains a +2 bonus on all damage rolls with a selected double-weapon.
At second level, the Double-Weapon Master gains a +2 shield bonus to AC whenever wielding the selected double-weapon. The double-weapon must be wielded with two hands.
At third level, the Double-Weapon Master gains a +2 bonus on all attack rolls with the selected double-weapon.

Mighty Strike: At second level, the Double-Weapon Master treats both ends of the selected double-weapon as two-handed weapons when being wielded as a double-weapon.

Perfection of Form: At third level, the Double-Weapon Master treats both ends of the selected double-weapon as their primary weapon for attacks, making as many attacks with the off-hand side as the primary side. For example, a character with a base attack bonus of +6/+1 would make four attacks, two with the primary side, and two with the off-hand side. Normal Two-Weapon fighting penalties to attack still apply.

Any advice?

Vadskye
2014-02-18, 12:23 PM
If you think double weapons are weak, make double weapons better. A prestige class is not the correct solution.

(The problem with the system lies with two-weapon fighting mechanics, not double weapons specifically.)