PDA

View Full Version : Help with Venom Improvements

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-02-18, 03:05 PM
What items/spells can I use to improve my pseudodragon's venom?

How much would a lvl 20 constant Venomfire item cost?

Thanks in Advance!

Immabozo
2014-02-18, 03:12 PM
I dont recall which book its in, might be in the SRD, but there is a table for figuring out cost to hire a caster by spell level and caster level.

Personally, I rather like the idea of using Luhiz as a "poison". It is a drug in BoVD administered via injury and very dose after the first in 24 hours is a DC 25 fort save or die of terrible pain

Snowbluff
2014-02-18, 03:21 PM
Remember that poison is an effect tied to HD, so her DCs should be able to scale. Bonuses to Con would improve her poison. Shun the Dark Chaos/Embrace the Dark Chaos would let you move her feat into a bonus to poison (like abilities focus).

A little item of Con, probably as a jewel collar would be nice.

3 (spell level) x 20 (Caster level) x 2000 = 60,000. Since the spell is an hour/level duration, you don't have to pay extra, like you would with Wraithstrike.

I have one named Zoe. She is the bestest. :3

Thurbane
2014-02-18, 05:36 PM
Remember that poison is an effect tied to HD, so her DCs should be able to scale.
If it's a (improved) familiar, it will use your HD for it's poison DC calculation, so that should help.

(Citation: both the sample Alienist and Fiend Blooded character's familiar templated abilities are based off their master's HD).

Hit Dice
For the purpose of effects related to number of Hit Dice, use the master’s character level or the familiar’s normal HD total, whichever is higher.