PDA

View Full Version : My retooling of diplomacy

qwertyu63
2014-02-18, 07:04 PM
I do realize my Negotiation rules are rather similar to Rich's Diplomacy. They are somewhat based on those. I'm hoping that these rules are different enough to stand on their own.

Diplomacy (Cha):
Diplomacy can be used to convince someone that you are telling the truth, assuming that you are. It can also be used to talk someone into accepting an offer you are making.

Convincing:
You can use Diplomacy to convince someone that you are being truthful when you are. To do this, you must roll Diplomacy while the other person rolls Sense Motive. Add together your two check results. This combined check must reach a DC of 20; increase this DC using the example modifiers listed with the Bluff skill.

Negotiation:
You can use Diplomacy to negotiate and get people to accept offers you make. Doing this takes 1 minute. The DC of this check starts with a base of 15. Increase this DC by your target's best mental stat modifier (that is, the best of their Int, Cha and Wis modifiers) and by their level. Then apply the following modifiers to the DC:

{table=head]Relationship:|Example:|Modifier:
Close Friend:|Long-time friend or lover|-8
Friend:|Friend or ally|-4
Neutral:|Anyone not in another set|+0
Enemy:|Rival or evil minion|+4
Great Enemy:|Nemesis or evil overlord|+8[/table]

(the examples here are what you are asking another person to do)
{table=head]Request:|Example:|Modifier:
Great deal:|Selling non-secret information|-8
Good deal:|Helping in battle for money|-4
Average deal:|Giving directions for free|+0
Bad deal:|Selling something at a discount|+4
Fiendish deal:|Trading your soul for money|+8[/table]

You may take 10 on Diplomacy checks for negotiation if, and only if, both the relationship modifier and the request modifier are +0 or less.