PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Optimizing a 4-armed Warforged

SweaterKittens
2014-02-18, 08:19 PM
Hey all!

First I just want to say that I've used these forums for upwards of a year now to get great tips when building new characters, and I'm really grateful for everything!

I'm starting a new campaign with a new DM in a few days, and I'll be playing a multi-armed Warforged conversion. I will likely be taking a +1 to ECL for Multiattack and the extra arms. My question is what will be the best way to optimize this character to get the most out of his many, many attacks? My DM may be willing to take flaws for bonus feats, if that's required. My thoughts are thus:

- Pick a class with a BAB that levels quickly, so the amount of attacks I can make will get truly retarded very fast.

- Take an archetype that favors moving quickly and possibly adding extra attacks. I'm all about the damage and "offense is a good defense"

- Find a way to get pounce or an equivalent early.

We're starting at level 3, and this is an Eastern-themed campaign, so although I'm not obligated to take a fluffy class, playing a Samurai or similar would be appropriate. The classes I've considered are: Fighter, Cavalier with the Harrier or Youxia archetype, Samurai, PF conversion of a Warblade, or Dervish (or PF equivalent). I'm not a huge fan of Barbarians.

Now, while I'd like to have an effective character, I don't mind if a class isn't the most optimized. If I can make a Harrier work and get my attacks in, I'll do it. The power level here in the group is going to be mid-low for two of the other characters, and possibly very high for the third, as he is a very experienced player. While I'd like to hold my own and compete with him, I'm not looking to min-max to a degree that ruins the game.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Cheers,
Sweaterkittens

Frosty
2014-02-18, 08:52 PM
Play this!
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f264/heatherred32/robiwan20050102016jo.jpg

SweaterKittens
2014-02-18, 09:07 PM
Seems legit. Although I would like my chracter to get through more than 20 minutes of fighting without dying from a single shot to the chest.... :smalltongue:

grarrrg
2014-02-18, 09:56 PM
Play this!

No.
Just...no.

Meowmasterish
2014-02-18, 10:32 PM
You could devote an arm to a Wand Sheath. Place a wand in it and it is closed until the wand runs out of charges. (If it's an eternal wand, it's in there permanently.) I recommend Power Word Pain for a level 1 spell, but you can use others.

SweaterKittens
2014-02-18, 11:52 PM
Hm, hadn't though about a wand sheath. Although that could have some really great potential, wielding three swords and leaving one free hand to cast magic missiles, power words, or whatever. I might not be able to take it immediately because of early gold issues, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.