PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Advice Currently seeking some one on one skype advice.

The Grash
2014-02-18, 10:18 PM
And yes this may be a very strange request for a thread. But was currently unsure if there was a gaming section I should put this in (If there is, please tell me and I will post this up in the appropriate area) But this thread is a more of a follow up to another one I made. I am still very new to the game of D&D and all of its formats and have little by little been doing some research on just the game in itself.

But I was hoping that I could get someone who can actually sit down and talk with me through the whole process, that way if I get confused along the way at least I can ask questions retroactively. Though I'm wondering how else I should learn the proper basics from the ground up. Should I just pick up a players handbook and start reading away?

(Oh and if you do want to help just PM me)

Vargouille
2014-02-21, 01:18 PM
This seems like it'd belong better in the Roleplaying Games (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30) forum.

Anyway, what edition are you playing? I personally play Pathfinder (3.75E, basically) and have a decent-ish understanding of 3E and 3.5E, but I wouldn't be able to help at all with any other edition.

I'm going to assume you'll be playing some edition of D&D here, rather than Pathfinder. If you're planning to just play in a group, you'll only need the Player's Handbook and if you want to run a game as a DM/GM you'll need that and the Dungeon Master's Guide for your chosen edition. 4E is fairly popular (although I'm not its greatest fan) and 5E is coming out later this year. You could go for some form of 3E, 2E, 1E or even completely different games: Dungeon World, for example, is really fun to play.

I hope this helps somehow. :smallsmile: