PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 - New feat, Balanced? Improved Zen Archery

TheArimadios
2014-02-18, 10:35 PM
Improved Zen Archery (Homebrew: Allows User to add Wisdom to Bow Damage, Req Wis 15+, BAB 6, Zen Archery)

I'm making this feat because, quite frankly, I don't like the way DND handles Archery. I think this is a balanced feat - Archery Clerics can't get it before lvl 9 (And they're likely to have the War domain.)

If they DO have the war domain, it's not going to overly Imbalance the game beyond what a Hank's Bow would do. (a +9 and a +5 Bonus add to 14, and you get it active at a +6 and +5 (Assuming 20 wis.) which is 11, not unreasonable for a martial damage feat. (Basically, it's the +5, which is exactly what Melee would get, and some PRC's give.))

I just want to know, in most DM's opinions, Is this feat Overpowered? This is the class feature a few PRCs get in first level, some at 4th or higher, And basically, a feat from a race (One of the illumians.)

I know, this is very much a MAD to SAD feat, but it's 9th level minimum for a Cleric.

Balance suggestions if Imbalanced?

qwertyu63
2014-02-18, 10:37 PM
Improved Zen Archery (Homebrew: Allows User to add Wisdom to Bow Damage, Req Wis 15+, BAB 6, Zen Archery)

Wrong section. We have a section for making up new stuff. It's the Homebrew section.

That said, it seems like a solid feat, but I don't know archers well enough to judge.

TheArimadios
2014-02-18, 10:43 PM
Ah balls. Can I get a mod to move me then? I'm mostly Lurking and doing Research on this stuff, And I'm VERY new to the forums. I checked the Simple Q&A forums to see if I should post it there. But I didn't even think to leave the D&D 3.5 section. I'm sorry.

Really, I appologize.

Vaynor
2014-02-19, 04:38 AM
The Red Towel: Moved to Homebrew Design. In the future, if you need a thread moved, just report your post using the report function (located in the bottom left corner of your post) and ask a mod to move it. We don't mind. :smallsmile:

TypoNinja
2014-02-19, 04:39 AM
Wrong section. We have a section for making up new stuff. It's the Homebrew section.

That said, it seems like a solid feat, but I don't know archers well enough to judge.

Archery gets hosed in 3.5.

You really have to go out of your way to Cheeze a decent archer build into place. While other Cheeze builds give you game breaking powers, Cheezing out your archer just makes him not suck.

ddude987
2014-02-19, 08:03 AM
Clerics actually qualify for the feat at level 7 because that is when divine power is available to them. Looks like a decent feat but clerics rushing dmm persist won't pick it up unless they also have the planning domain and are human.