PDA

View Full Version : Contest GiTP Prestige Class Contest Voting Thread XLV: Hidden Knowledge

Techwarrior
2014-02-18, 10:50 PM
Alright folks, it's time to have a to see what class has collected the most secrets in GiTP Prestige Class Contest XLV: Hidden Knowledge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17027030)! Lots of good work, but only one can unearth the most knowledge.

The rules are simple: Vote once, ranking your top 3 favorites. 1st place gets 3pts, 2nd place gets 2pts, and 3rd place gets 1pt. Whoever has the most points wins. When you vote, bold your entries please, and tell us why you voted for those classes. Voting is open til next Saturday, March 1st. Get voting!

And the entries are...
{table=head]Prestige Class|Author|1st|2nd|3rd|Total
Secret Thief|Zaydos|1|3|1|10
Truespoken Troubador|Ra Va||1|1|3
Chromatic Truthseeker|Adam1949|||1|1
Augur|Random_Person|2|1||7
Beffudled Mage|Vaynor|3||3|12
Scholar|Scholar|1|1||5
Flow Walker|Glimbur||1|1|3
[/table]

No disqualifications this round either, and multiple Truename PrCs too. :smalleek:

Let's get voting!

-Techwarrior

Fortuna
2014-02-18, 11:03 PM
Assuming I'm allowed to vote for my own... Augur first, because I'm a conceited bastard. Secrets Thief second, for an original and well-executed notion that fits neatly into the game. Flow Walker third, because it's an interesting idea, but I feel that the execution doesn't quite measure up to the Secrets Thief. If I'm not allowed to vote for my own then I'll add Befuddled Mage for making me laugh and being an interesting idea, although I'm still unconvinced by its mechanics.

Adam1949
2014-02-19, 01:43 AM
In first place, I vote the Secret Thief by Zaydos. It's a really well-made and useful class overall, pretty much mixing everything that a stealthy character could ask for.

In second, I'd place the Truespoken Troubador by Ra Va. An obvious yet sorely-lacking bridge between the two 'Vocal' classes of Bard and Truenamer, as well as improving the latter and making the former a blast to try something new with.

Finally, my third vote goes to the Befuddled Mage by Vaynor. While it does look a little powerful without costing much on the part of the spellcaster (this is more a failing on Arcane Spellcasting Classes than on the designer, however), the overall concept and execution of the whole thing puts a smile on my face. Finally, I can go with the old stereotypical "Wizened Old Arcanist" character and have a benefit to it all.

Grimsage Matt
2014-02-19, 12:24 PM
I say Scholar as my first choice for low/no magic games. It does not need magic or powers, no special mechanics, just skills and training.

Secret Thief for me second pick, as it's a idea thief :smalltongue: Yah, bad joke, but it's a interesting way to do it.

And Befuddled Mage should be a mandatory PrC for any starting caster who starts at venerable for the mental skill boosts. Other then that, a few tweaks and I got Rincewind

Glimbur
2014-02-20, 07:25 PM
1st vote: Befuddled Mage. It has style, it has flavor, and it is powerful but...

2nd vote: Secrets Thief. Though it's an upgrade from rogue, rogue could do with an upgrade. The class features stick to the theme. The ability to rewrite someone's life with no save is maybe too good...

3rd vote:Chromatic Truthseeker. It's an interesting idea, though I could see this causing serious headaches for the DM. Bold and different.

FlyMolo
2014-02-21, 09:16 PM
1. Befuddled Mage, because I love it and it's weird.
2. Flow Walker, because he's too humble to vote for himself and it is neat and original.
3. Secrets Thief doesn't quite live up to its potential, but its potential is 'the prestige class I always build towards, no matter character concept, setting,class, or race or anything'. So it's still pretty amazing.

Heian
2014-02-22, 12:51 PM
1st Beffudled Mage, Silly, Iconic, Brilliant, Fizban!
2nd Augur I was born in Rome
3rd Truespoken Troubador Hell yeah, you need truespeak to sing of true love (in 11th century sense, obviously)

Zaydos
2014-02-22, 01:04 PM
1st Augur: A non-casting oracle. Got some questionable things, but it's a really neat concept.
2nd Scholar: A mundane scholar, I like them in general and this is fairly well done one.
3rd Befuddled Mage: It entertains me.
Honorable Mention Flowwalker: Mechanics are interesting, but it challenges verisimilitude a bit with the way it finds flows.

Adam1949
2014-02-22, 08:36 PM
And the scores right now...

{table=head]Prestige Class|Author|1st|2nd|3rd|Total
Secret Thief|Zaydos|1|3|1|10
Truespoken Troubador|Ra Va||1|1|3
Chromatic Truthseeker|Adam1949|||1|1
Augur|Random_Person|2|1||7
Beffudled Mage|Vaynor|3||3|12
Scholar|Scholar|1|1||5
Flow Walker|Glimbur||1|1|3
[/table]

Vaynor
2014-02-22, 09:10 PM
You're missing 4 points on the Secrets Thief.

Adam1949
2014-02-22, 09:35 PM
You're missing 4 points on the Secrets Thief.

Duly noted, thank you!

Techwarrior
2014-02-23, 01:06 AM
And the scores right now...

Adam, what would I do without you. :smalltongue: Thank you.

OP updated, keep the votes a rollin'

Adam1949
2014-02-23, 01:15 AM
Adam, what would I do without you. :smalltongue:
Probably do the scoring yourself?

Thank you.

Aw thanks :smallredface:

Stoneback
2014-02-23, 01:19 AM
All delicious. Too delicious to vote. However, my favorites are Flow Walker (1) and Befuddled Mage (1A).

Great use of flavor on both counts. And Flow Walker gets extra cookies for using Skirmish as an entry requirement.

Divayth Fyr
2014-02-23, 04:19 PM
1. Befuddled Mage - a great take on a classical concept.
2. Secrets Thief - I've always loved MTG's House Dimir, and this class would fit them perfectly. Apart from the fact that it seems more mechanically sound then many of their cards ;)
3. True-Spoken Troubadours - for merging two classes which fit together perfectly.

Techwarrior
2014-03-03, 02:41 AM
Voting closed. Winners will be posted in the Chat Thread tomorrow morning.