PDA

View Full Version : What really worries me (after hiatus)

SavageWombat
2014-02-18, 11:36 PM
How can we trust anything Rich posts for the first new page, when it's quite possibly an April Fools' joke?

ti'esar
2014-02-18, 11:40 PM
I suspect that's why he specified the comic would be returning on March 31st.

oppyu
2014-02-18, 11:49 PM
Exactly, so we wouldn't see the April Fools Day joke coming.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-02-19, 12:34 AM
Has the Giant ever done anything like that? Plus, now that we all have our guard up, it wouldn't be worth it.

zimmerwald1915
2014-02-19, 01:26 AM
Has the Giant ever done anything like that? Plus, now that we all have our guard up, it wouldn't be worth it.
IIRC the April Fools pranks the Giant has pulled have all had to do with the forum skin, not the comic itself. I suspect this year we'll get a fake "update," since we've been promised a real one, and some time after that we'll get that real one.

Gift Jeraff
2014-02-19, 01:30 AM
Due to time zones, a portion of the comic will be the actual comic and the other portion will be an April Fools gag.

thereaper
2014-02-19, 02:36 AM
Anyone remember the pony one?

137beth
2014-02-19, 02:47 AM
He'll confirm Haley is a half-celestial!
Or that Belkar is CG!
Or that Laurin is Spiky!
Or that Trigak has taken over the entire comic!
Or that Wizard Guy is really V in disguise (hence why Wizard Guy did so well in the favorite OOTS character tournament!)

Or maybe that zimmerwald1915 was secretly the inspiration for Z and that's why Z hates V so much?
Or...okay, these are getting kinda out there. Probably not any of those since people will then link to those quotes and "forget" that they were on April fools day.

zimmerwald1915
2014-02-19, 02:51 AM
Or maybe that zimmerwald1915 was secretly the inspiration for Z and that's why Z hates V so much?
I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Antipode
2014-02-19, 08:55 AM
Anyone remember the pony one?

Say what now?

MesiDoomstalker
2014-02-19, 09:04 AM
Say what now?
About two years ago, on April 1st, the forum had a number of facial changes in the theme of My Little Pony. Mainly, it was the [Monster] in the Playground was changed to a [Pony] in the Playground.

Gorm_the_DBA
2014-02-19, 09:31 AM
What worries me is...

*LESS* Dinosaurs?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![stops to get a breath]OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chantelune
2014-02-19, 10:11 AM
On the bright side, the next book should be less Elan-centric. :smallbiggrin:

NerdyKris
2014-02-19, 10:24 AM

Why is that a bright side?!? :smallfrown:

Chantelune
2014-02-19, 10:27 AM
I don't like Elan. :smallamused:

Ok, there's another one, then. Hopefully, we'll have less dinosaurs, but bloodfeast the extreme-inator will become an integral part of the order.

After all, the Giant said "Less dinosaurs", not "No more dinosaurs". And Bloodfeast is worth Tarquin's whole dinosaurs army. :smallbiggrin:

ImperatorV
2014-02-19, 10:29 AM
We all know how much Rich likes to torture his fans. So, my theory:

He will reveal a major plot point in the strip, and not specify if it's a joke or not. Especially funny if it confirms a wild fan theory. Cue rampant speculation while we wait for confirmation one way or another.

Socksy
2014-02-19, 01:08 PM
If it's an April fools', then I reckon it'll have something to do with whether Laurin and Miron die or not.

Or he could change everyone's names and icons to Trigak. That would be beautiful.

Millennium
2014-02-19, 05:07 PM
System change to OD&D: V starts using a bow, Durkon loses his clerical abilities, and I don't even know what happens to Elan.

Procyonpi
2014-02-19, 06:50 PM

You see, this and less Dinosaurs is what worries me the most about the next book.

Socksy
2014-02-20, 04:19 AM
System change to OD&D: V starts using a bow, Durkon loses his clerical abilities, and I don't even know what happens to Elan.

Is that the one where your race is also your class?

Gift Jeraff
2014-02-21, 11:53 AM
I don't like Elan. :smallamused:

Ok, there's another one, then. Hopefully, we'll have less dinosaurs, but bloodfeast the extreme-inator will become an integral part of the order.

After all, the Giant said "Less dinosaurs", not "No more dinosaurs". And Bloodfeast is worth Tarquin's whole dinosaurs army. :smallbiggrin:

Well, Bloodfeast can still be an integral part of the Order, but still be a lizard, hence the less dinosaurs. Though I'm now thinking something will happen to Bloodfeast and he won't stick around.

Chantelune
2014-02-22, 07:01 AM
Like feasted upon for his blood by Durkula ? :smallbiggrin:

Vinyadan
2014-02-22, 07:05 AM
It could feature the Halberd Guy fighting Samantha's ghost!