PDA

View Full Version : CW samurai and concentration

Vogonjeltz
2014-02-19, 02:25 AM
The only reason the CW samurai seems to have concentration as a class skill is to allow intimidation checks in combat. Is there another use for then that I'm missing out on?

Kennisiou
2014-02-19, 02:29 AM
I'm pretty sure every class gets concentration as a class skill. Last I checked Fighter has it, too.

Edit: They do not.

Thurbane
2014-02-19, 02:49 AM
The only reason the CW samurai seems to have concentration as a class skill is to allow intimidation checks in combat. Is there another use for then that I'm missing out on?
Probably same reason Monks do. It's thematic, but doesn't really do anything for the class.

ChaoticDitz
2014-02-19, 03:06 AM
Probably same reason Monks do. It's thematic, but doesn't really do anything for the class.

At least with monks it makes some sense since the designers probably thought multiclass Monk/casters would be pretty common so they decided to make keeping that skill maxed easier. Samurai though... :smallconfused:

Twilightwyrm
2014-02-19, 04:06 AM
It is thematic, and in the case of the CW Samurai, it allows them easy entrance into the actually pretty good Kensai PrC. The two were published in the same book, and the Kensai specifically allows the Samurai to bypass multiclassing restrictions. I'm pretty sure this was intentional on the part of the writers of Complete Warrior.
In the case of the monk...well it is thematic I guess.