PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Hel and disease

MagicalMeat
2014-02-19, 02:52 AM
Considering that those who fall in combat do not end up with Hel, doesn't it seem likely that Hel would wish for some sort of plague or famine to ravage the land in order to obtain more souls? I seems clear that she primarily wishes to kill dwarves and defeat Thor, and that the Gates are irrelevant to her. What do you think? Will Durkon engineer an epidemic?

Theris
2014-02-19, 03:38 AM
We already know that Thor can and will use any loophole to prevent her from getting souls -including accepting fights with trees.

Therefore, if she wants souls, her first objective should be to remove every tree from the Dwarven Lands. Which will probably make every Drarf grateful to her, maybe enough to get them to worship her. So there is no reason for her to actually kill people -after all, forest fires are ruin and destruction, and by destroying the dwarves's most feared enemies, she might surpass Thor and get him on his knees.

Not to mention that such an objective will get the approval from Belkar (when in doubt, set something on fire), meaning one less enemy to fight later.

Kish
2014-02-19, 05:51 AM
It's not like she didn't say what she wants: the ruin of the entire world.

Procyonpi
2014-02-19, 09:08 AM
Guys, I think you're lowballing her ambition. I think she wants to release the snarl.

Vinyadan
2014-02-19, 09:31 AM
Guys, I think you're lowballing her ambition. I think she wants to release the snarl.

She also could do the exact opposite: release the world into the Snarl.

SlashDash
2014-02-19, 09:35 AM

This. Or more precisely, I'm pondering if she wants to do exactly what the Dark One want - use the Snarl for her own goal to get rid of Thor.

And remember, they made it very clear that the ritual requires both arcane and divine casters. Who is to say Xykon won't toss out Red Cloak to team up with Durkon?

mikeejimbo
2014-02-19, 09:41 AM
And remember, they made it very clear that the ritual requires both arcane and divine casters. Who is to say Xykon won't toss out Red Cloak to team up with Durkon?

Or toss out both Redcloak and Xykon, and go with Durkon and some arcane caster. Maybe the IFCC will somehow manipulate Vaarsuvius into doing it by threatening to collect at a time when it would be worse than performing the ritual for some reason.

Kind of a long shot, but could be interesting.

Amphiox
2014-02-19, 09:57 AM
If Hel just wanted something generic with respect to the dwarves and Thor, then why would Durkula be talking about getting to the northern lands "in time".

Such plans would not be time dependent.

It seems likely that whatever her plans are, they involve the Gate.

SlashDash
2014-02-19, 01:00 PM
Or toss out both Redcloak and Xykon, and go with Durkon and some arcane caster. Maybe the IFCC will somehow manipulate Vaarsuvius into doing it by threatening to collect at a time when it would be worse than performing the ritual for some reason.

Kind of a long shot, but could be interesting.
Interesting, but I don't see V making it.
Red Cloak (or was it Xykon?) mentioned it takes weeks to complete the ritual.
V has at most half an hour.

I'm thinking Xykon & Durkon makes sense since we can assume Red Cloak will betray Xykon and the other way around (The phylacrity and you know what from start of darkness). Plus Xykon's speech to V about doing whatever it takes to stay in the game makes his dealings with another undead a bit better.

But let's play it out. Let's say Durkon will be working with another arcance caster. Who could it be?

There's the possibility of the Oracle (some think he's a cleric or sorc and he lied about it) but I don't see that hapenning.

There's Roy's dad but I doubt he'd do it.

Everyone else are pretty low level to be of any consideration.

mikeejimbo
2014-02-19, 05:05 PM
Interesting, but I don't see V making it.
Red Cloak (or was it Xykon?) mentioned it takes weeks to complete the ritual.
V has at most half an hour.

Oh yeah, good point. I can't come up with a situation where "Complete this weeks long ritual or we'll take your soul for half an hour" would make much sense.

Plus I doubt the IFCC would want the ritual to be performed anyway.