PDA

View Full Version : Call me easily influenced, but...

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-01-29, 11:34 PM
...I want to make Ghostrider.

What I've come up with so far is making him a Hellbred duskblade with a flaming burst spiked chain and a nightmare mount (no motorcycles for me). With alot of focus on fire spells and the corrupt spell feat to make the fire a bit more like hellfire than just regular burning. From there I don't know, anyone want to help?

And just so it's made clear, I don't know all THAT much about him as a character, just a little.

Darkshade
2007-01-30, 12:18 AM
umm
knight rider is a david hasselhoff show

i believe you mean GhostRider

Darkshade
2007-01-30, 12:23 AM
good luck finding a good aligned nightmare by the way. You do know that the Ghost Rider is a good guy right?
kinda like spawn but not.
though i think they have the same guy playing the previous ghost rider in the new movie that played the previous spawn in that piece o crap

+5 holy ghost touched spiked chain of flaming burst

Wehrkind
2007-01-30, 12:30 AM
You totally need David Hasslehoff as a character. Germans LOVE him!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-01-30, 01:09 AM
Damn, I always make that mistake. This is like the 4th time that's happened today.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-01-30, 01:11 AM
good luck finding a good aligned nightmare by the way. You do know that the Ghost Rider is a good guy right?
kinda like spawn but not.
though i think they have the same guy playing the previous ghost rider in the new movie that played the previous spawn in that piece o crap

+5 holy ghost touched spiked chain of flaming burst
Hellbred was my first thought for a good aligned ghostrider. Maybe a redeemed nightmare too.

Orzel
2007-01-30, 01:24 AM
What about Nightghost Rider?

Your "bike" is now a construct with "wild"shape errrr.

*saves idea for later*

Turcano
2007-01-30, 01:44 AM

And you need to sing "Hooked on a Feeling." Because you're high on believing.

JaronK
2007-01-30, 01:58 AM
Wait, we can do this. Take Leadership, and as your Cohort take a Warforged Druid, which I believe lets him turn into constructs...

JaronK

JaronK
2007-01-30, 02:00 AM
Wait wait, I've got better. There's a spell in Libris Mortis that lets you take a skeleton or something and use it to animate an object. Use this to animate your motorcycle (it won't have a real engine, but it's good enough). Now, as your class, play a Dread Necromancer... I believe you can't be good, but you can be nuetral. At level 7 or so you can get a ghostly visage as a familiar, which is an ethereal thingy that can turn visible and look really weird, and bonds with your head. It gets a fear effect based on appearance, which can easily be your flaming skull head look. Now just add continual flame to the wheels of the bike and take proficiency in a Spiked Chain, add the flaming enhancement, and you're good to go.

JaronK

Darkshade
2007-01-30, 02:18 AM
seriously if you watch the trailer there is even like 2 seconds that shows the previous ghost rider, riding a flaming black horse. It totally works for DnD
Nightmares are super duper evil creatures though, i think you need more then just saying hes good to have him be good, look into that, maybe a template or spell or something. and while i havent read hellbred i'm assuming it makes oyu on fire, but does it make your head a skull? if not you may need an undead template.

alternatively i have another suggestion entirely
forget templates, forget duskblade, the Ghost Rider is not always a walking flaming skeleton most of the day he is just a normal man...

so I suggest slightly modifying "The Champion"
http://www.giantitp.com/articles/mYkD5jL8N9SAcClN3pZ.html

instead of your champion looking all celestial like make him a flaming corpse.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-01-30, 02:50 AM
seriously if you watch the trailer there is even like 2 seconds that shows the previous ghost rider, riding a flaming black horse. It totally works for DnD
Nightmares are super duper evil creatures though, i think you need more then just saying hes good to have him be good, look into that, maybe a template or spell or something. and while i havent read hellbred i'm assuming it makes oyu on fire, but does it make your head a skull? if not you may need an undead template.

alternatively i have another suggestion entirely
forget templates, forget duskblade, the Ghost Rider is not always a walking flaming skeleton most of the day he is just a normal man...

so I suggest slightly modifying "The Champion"
http://www.giantitp.com/articles/mYkD5jL8N9SAcClN3pZ.html

instead of your champion looking all celestial like make him a flaming corpse.
Good lord that's brilliant!
I thank you.

Darkshade
2007-01-30, 02:52 AM
don't thank me,
thank Rich Burlew...

and me.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-01-30, 03:54 AM
don't thank me,
thank Rich Burlew...

and me.