PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 101 ways to kill

Beren One-Hand
2007-01-30, 12:02 AM
I was wondering if anybody knows of any special abilities or spells that work with melee attacks and force a Ref save or the target dies?

I've been trying to come up with the perfect assassin and I've found an ability that forces a Fort save and one that forces a Will save. If there is one to do the same for Ref saves that would be great.

On a side note, if a sucessful attack requires several saves, like a poisoned weapon used with a Death Attack, are there rules on which is rolled first? If the poison reduces CON, then this save affects the other if it is rolled first.

Darkshade
2007-01-30, 12:25 AM
i'd say roll the death attack first as it is the ATTACK that is trying to deal death, poison takes effect right after the attack not during it

Ninja Chocobo
2007-01-30, 02:24 AM
Well...a sufficiently high level Necklace of Fireballs with a Fireball trap on it should do it, but you have to get them to wear it.

Mewtarthio
2007-01-30, 04:03 PM
The only Reflex save-or-die things that I've ever heard of are some domain spells from the Sun domain, and they only kill certain types of undead (mainly vampires). Oh, and there's a homebrew spell in the Articles section of this site (the article is "Change is good..."). Neither of which are any help for your assassin (unless he's willing to UMD a scroll of Sunburst). Sorry.