PDA

View Full Version : Spell Help

Kansaschaser
2014-02-19, 03:06 PM
I need to know the name and location of the spell that forces your target to strike themselves with their own weapon and to deal automatic crit damage. I've heard of it, but I can't remember the name or what book it's located in.

shylocke
2014-02-19, 03:28 PM
Damn it. I just saw that spell last week. Drawing a blank right now.

Kansaschaser
2014-02-19, 03:29 PM
I think it's an Enchantment spell, but I'm not sure. I've never seen the spell description myself, but I've seen people talk about it.

??:smalleek:??

BornValyrian
2014-02-19, 03:31 PM
It doesn't automatically crit, but there's Black Karma Curse from Player's Handbook II

Vhaidara
2014-02-19, 03:32 PM
I think it's a psionic power called Death Urge. I saw it in a Test of Spite PvP when someone was forced to unload 500 crossbow bolts into their own head.

Venger
2014-02-19, 03:32 PM
I don't know about automatic crit damage, but "backbiter" makes an enemy stab himself with his own weapon. it's (bizzarely) necromancy though. is this what you're thinking of?

Kansaschaser
2014-02-19, 03:36 PM
I think it's a psionic power called Death Urge. I saw it in a Test of Spite PvP when someone was forced to unload 500 crossbow bolts into their own head.

THAT'S IT!!!! Thank you thank you thank you. I was trying to find that "spell" (now I know it's a psionic power) for a long time. You're awesome!

The Viscount
2014-02-19, 03:37 PM
That indeed pretty closely describes Death Urge, located here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/deathUrge.htm)

BornValyrian
2014-02-19, 03:37 PM
Death Urge. Now that's a power I would want to build around.

"I never killed nobody. I talk to people and they kill themselves."

Kansaschaser
2014-02-19, 03:44 PM
That indeed pretty closely describes Death Urge, located here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/deathUrge.htm)

Oh, and thanks for the link to the actual power. I would give you soooooo many internet points if I could. Or a cookie. Whatever you would prefer. :smallcool:

Venger
2014-02-19, 04:22 PM
Death Urge. Now that's a power I would want to build around.

"I never killed nobody. I talk to people and they kill themselves."

the display's only mental, and the DC to dispense display is, as always, trivial, so there's really no way they could tie it to you at all.

this is why I love psions, especially telepaths.

The Viscount
2014-02-21, 12:51 AM
Oh, and thanks for the link to the actual power. I would give you soooooo many internet points if I could. Or a cookie. Whatever you would prefer. :smallcool:

Cookie works just fine for me. Glad to be of service. As you can likely tell I missed that you had seen the power when I posted.