PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Questions

TwentyFold
2014-02-20, 03:06 AM
Elloz
I am a huge fan of the AC series, and have had many thoughts on what would all the assassins be when made into D&D characters. I have asked friends who cared at all the answer, and they have come up with some good things, like swashbuckler rogues who go into shadowblade and ect. But since i have had so much thought on this, i want to see what you, the public think.

Of course i would love to get the builds for each character:

Altair - AC

Ezio - AC 2, AC Brotherhood, and AC Revelations

Connor - AC3 (worst game in my opinion, just saying)

Edward - AC4 Black Flag (Favorite so far in the Series)

I would hope all who comment would account for things such as tools and ect.
Ex. I had an idea some time ago that the pistols that are used among the series reminded me of the Swordsage Ranged Touch attacks.

Thanks for all who enter their opinion, and cant wait for all the crazy builds.

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-20, 08:03 AM
I see it as
Swashbuckler 3/Rogue 3/Avenger 10 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070401a)/Something X
With Daring Outlaw clearly.

thethird
2014-02-20, 09:01 AM
You always want 3 levels of rogue for penetrating strike.

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-20, 09:41 AM
Yes, that was a typo.
You can't even qualify for Daring Outlaw with Rogue 2.

TwentyFold
2014-02-20, 01:46 PM
I see it as
Swashbuckler 3/Rogue 3/Avenger 10 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070401a)/Something X
With Daring Outlaw clearly.
I was just reminded, and this build would better reflect Ezio, as the poison use reaches out to the poison he used.

You always want 3 levels of rogue for penetrating strike.
Gotta luv that penetrating strike

Zweisteine
2014-02-20, 02:01 PM
You'll want something that lets you do fancy flying jumps safely (a way to take ten on jump in stressful situations would probably work).

Dusk Eclipse
2014-02-20, 02:17 PM
I personally think Factotum 8/Warblade 12 works pretty well, use a refluffed Gnomish quick razor for the hidden blade (you can even dual wield them) and Iajutsu focus for tons of damage, pick up some utility maneuvers (sudden leap and dragon leap stance are must have). Ignore the spells like ability (ask your DM to trade them for more IP for example).

TwentyFold
2014-02-20, 04:25 PM
You'll want something that lets you do fancy flying jumps safely (a way to take ten on jump in stressful situations would probably work).

Warblade or Sword sage prob, for the Tiger claw tree that greatly helps that, also it would allow me to fluff the pistols/ crossbows/ knives that each different assassin had, using those merp touch attacks.

I personally think Factotum 8/Warblade 12 works pretty well, use a refluffed Gnomish quick razor for the hidden blade (you can even dual wield them) and Iajutsu focus for tons of damage, pick up some utility maneuvers (sudden leap and dragon leap stance are must have). Ignore the spells like ability (ask your DM to trade them for more IP for example).

Seems legit, probably take shaky if i wanted to pull an early ezio, or since i would be human i could just get EWP for free as it is, while both classes give me accsess to the rapiers/ scimitars/ longswords/ Cutlasses/ ect. that each used. Also the IP from factotum would be a perfect representation of how each assassin pulled off extreme tricks with "the flick of the wrist" :smallcool:

TwentyFold
2014-02-21, 01:37 PM
Also i found an interesting prestige class: Scarlet Corsair, which seems like it could be a great Edward Kenway.