PDA

View Full Version : *Spoilers?* Belkar has caused the "Death" of Miko

onikun86
2007-01-30, 03:16 AM
Looking back at 405, 406, and 407... I believe Belkar has caused the "Death" of Miko.
Allow me to explain. Anyone thinking of Belkar's prohecy: he 'causes the death of' (not necesarily kills with his own hands) any of several people and/or a horse.
But... thinking of the Giant's prophecies... they're never almost never literal.
Belkar approved of Shojo's actions in 405.
406: Miko speaks of only one point of proof before she kills Shojo: that she heard the 'vile assasin' approve his actions.
407: Miko loses her palladinhood: which was basically her life. She lived to purge evil and serve her lord. Now she may believe that she is better off dead.
Miko's body isn't dead. But its possible her will to live is.
She may die in the forthcoming invasion because she tries to use her ex-powers against Xykon... and fails.

Come to think of it, would Miko have killed Shojo if Belkar wasn't there? Possibly. But the fact is that he was there.

And long paragraphs are fun.

Setra
2007-01-30, 03:23 AM
You never know, it's technically possible I suppose.

Lrbearclaw
2007-01-30, 04:03 AM
Makes sense to me. Now I'm curious what happened to "Glue"... err the horse.

Arnuz
2007-01-30, 04:24 AM
Only thing... I hope she goes for blackguard rather than atone... Because I totally despise her :smallbiggrin:

Liquid
2007-01-30, 04:32 AM
No, he killed Windstriker, because since Miko is no more a paladin she hasn't got a mount anymore. So, there you have it Belkar "killed" the horse.

Ronald_saveloy
2007-01-30, 04:36 AM
I agree, that the "cause the death of ..."-prophecy will turn out in a very twisted way. That's how prophecies always work. But I don't think, that having Miko lost her paladin-status will be the solution. There will be something else coming up. My sense for drama says so!

Demented
2007-01-30, 04:46 AM
The "Caused the death of Windstriker" theory was a brief, but brilliant, theory, laid to rest by the realization that Paladin mounts do not die when the Paladin falls, they simply retire.

Alfryd
2007-01-30, 05:48 AM
The "Caused the death of Windstriker" theory was a brief, but brilliant, theory, laid to rest by the realization that Paladin mounts do not die when the Paladin falls, they simply retire.
Rest in Peace.