PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] Battle Healer

Zaydos
2014-02-20, 04:12 AM
Battle Healer:
You are able to cast healing spells more quickly in combat.
Prerequisites: Ability to cast Cure Light Wounds or Inflict Light Wounds, Heal 4 ranks.
Benefits: You may cast Cure and Inflict spells as a swift action. You may only target a creature as part of casting such a spell as a swift action if they are a willing or helpless target; you may hold the charge and deliver it later on an unwilling target as normal for a touch spell.
Normal: Cure spells take a standard action to cast.

Just something to help in combat healing a little bit.

Mighty_Chicken
2014-02-20, 09:11 AM
I see no problems here. A decent and useful feat. Should apply for Lay on Hands too.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-02-20, 10:43 AM
I'd drop the quickened Inflict spells, though, or do something to make them unusable offensively. Sure, they're not that strong past the first few levels, but as swift actions?

qwertyu63
2014-02-20, 11:20 AM
I'd drop the quickened Inflict spells, though, or do something to make them unusable offensively. Sure, they're not that strong past the first few levels, but as swift actions?

I think the fact that you can only cast "such a spell as a swift action if they are a willing or helpless target" does that quite well.

Zaydos
2014-02-20, 11:22 AM

Benefits: You may cast Cure and Inflict spells as a swift action. You may only touch a target as part of casting such a spell as a swift action if they are a willing or helpless target.

The bolded part was intended for just that, but I just now realized it doesn't work for the Mass versions. I'll modify it a bit so that says you may not affect an unwilling target with the spell cast this way unless you hold the charge and deliver it as a standard action (which leaves it allowing you to swift cast inflict, move, then deliver all in one round, but no casting other spells or making attacks the same round and Inflict X is rarely good enough to use offensively even if you ignore AoOs).

So any advice on how to word it without the spell just magically knowing if a creature is harmed by positive or negative energy would be nice.

Mighty_Chicken
2014-02-20, 11:48 AM
Another benefit is killing unconcious targets with negative hp as a swift action.

... on a second thought, maybe the feat should work either for Cure or Inflict spells, not both. It would only affect those few living/undead mixed groups, and I think undead PCs being harder to heal is part of the idea of being an undead character.