PDA

View Full Version : Quicken... Maneuver?

kirerellim
2014-02-20, 04:26 AM
Are there ways of doing thus? Outside of belt of battle and other extra action ways.

HammeredWharf
2014-02-20, 04:36 AM
I don't think there is. ToB is the only maneuver-related book and there's no generic Quicken Supernatural Ability feat.

kirerellim
2014-02-20, 04:39 AM
That's what I thought, but when my Google fu failed me I figured I would ask experts lol.

chronomatophobe
2014-02-20, 05:58 AM
Other than the usual ways to break action economy, no. I do not believe there's anything specific to maneuvers.

Big Fau
2014-02-20, 09:05 AM
There is, however, a way to Empower, Widen, or Enlarge them (but only if they are SUAs).

Rebel7284
2014-02-20, 09:28 AM
Belt of Battle doesn't really give you extra actions. It converts one type of action (swift) to another type of action (move, standard, or full round.)

Might just be me being pedantic, but with so many ways to use swift actions nowadays, it's an important distinction.

HammeredWharf
2014-02-20, 10:56 AM
Yep, some of the best maneuvers are swift actions.

kirerellim
2014-02-20, 04:39 PM
Ah, lol, true. Swift action then. Either way, my question is answered then. On to the next one. Is there any other magic items that grant similar extra actions? One 'quicken' a day isn't great lol

HammeredWharf
2014-02-20, 04:57 PM
Eight levels of factotum or Alter Self-ing into a choker with Assume Supernatural Ability are both excellent choices. And hey, you can do both! Just take the Dodge DMG feat from Complete Cheese.

Kalaska'Agathas
2014-02-20, 05:10 PM
I don't think there is. ToB is the only maneuver-related book and there's no generic Quicken Supernatural Ability feat.

And even if there were, it would only help in a few cases - the bulk of maneuvers (even the Shadow Jaunt/Stride/Blink) are Ex:.

Eight levels of factotum or Alter Self-ing into a choker with Assume Supernatural Ability are both excellent choices. And hey, you can do both! Just take the Dodge DMG feat from Complete Cheese.

If you really want to go crazy, Polymorph (w/Assume Supernatural Ability, Shapechange otherwise) yourself into a Chronotyryn (Fiend Folio, pg. 33) to get two full sets of actions per round.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-02-20, 08:17 PM
Or, staying within the ToB itself, there's the Ruby Night Windicator to get as many swift actions as 4 x the # of night sticks you feel comfortable asking the DM if you can acquire.