PDA

View Full Version : [PF]The Dragon Disciple

FooBot
2014-02-20, 09:22 AM
My Group has recently started playing The Slumbering Tsar Saga, and though I have a character, it seems prudent to have a couple of extras. I had always liked the image of the Idea of the Dragon Disciple PrC and thought I might give it a whirl.

The DM was Kind enough to give us 25 point buy, Starting at level 7

Human(+2 in Strength)
Master of Many Styles Monk2/Barbarian 2/ Crossblooded Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2

Bloodlines( Orc+ Dragon(Green))
Rage Powers (Lesser Fiend Totem)
Feats Power Attack, Dragon Style, Dragon Ferocity,Weapon Focus (Claws), Feral Combat Training, Boar Style
Combat Gear: Belt of Giant Strength(+2), Amulet of Mighty fists(+1), Cloak of Resistance(+2), Bracers of Armor(+2), Ring of Protection(+1), Boots of Striding and Springing.

STR 23 (16+2+2+2+1)
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 12
Cha 13
AC 18 (10+2+2+2+1+1+1)
Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +9
Speed 50

BAB 4 ( Abysmal I know)
Attacks
2xClaws(+9) 1d4+14(6+3+4+1) (+3 more on first claw attack, +2d6 if both hit)
Bite (+9) 1d6+14(9+4+1)

or Raging...
2xClaws(+11) 1d4+17(8+4+4+1) (+4 more on first claw attack, +2d6 if both hit)
Bite (+11) 1d6+17(12+4+1)
Gore(+11) 1d8+17(12+4+1)

I am probably wrong on the natural attacks, I think they are all primary attacks, thus at full BAB, but I could be wrong. I have never really worked with natural weapons before, so forgive me please.

Mostly I am worried about his his +hit, having taken levels in 3 classes with less than fantastic BAB progression. I am also worried about my lack of constant claws. I could always swap from human to some kind of tiefling variant to get them all the time, but I would hate to lose a feat for them. He seems kind of strong to me other than that, on his way to getting some good caster stuff from being a sorcerer, along with able to charge over terrain and some fun utility from dragon style, along with stunning fist.

I had kind of thought about taking the two levels in paladin instead of Barbarian, charisma to saves is always great, but I was kind of hoping the rage bonuses would help me deal with my low end +hit.

If anyone had any comments or suggestions on tweaking it I would be most appreciative.