PDA

View Full Version : Havenfire, Backtrack the Attack! [IC]

Crestfallen
2014-02-20, 11:02 AM
For a classic, Generic game, How about a Classic, Generic opening?

Just for simplicity, I'm going to throw the three of you together.

The City of Havenfire.

Havenfire, only mere miles away from the Blackheat Mountains, is a small metropolis, Ruled over by King Doran, and has been that way for some near 20 years.

A mostly human town, though a few sparse elves, and halflings, as the dwarves live within Blackheat Mountains.

You find yourselves in The Log Inn, Inn and Tavern, A bit of travel has taken you to this humble kingdom, for a great journey ahead lies in your destiny.

A female elf approaches your table, tray in hand with a handful of mugs perched on one arm, surprisingly strong for how thin she is.

Good evening, What can I get for you three?

Elysian Blade
2014-02-20, 11:11 AM
I dont drink but I can do for a smile Gilfer says smiling in his soldiers uniform acting as if he is an archer for an army.

Just saying the pink is a little to close to the white making it a little hard to read.

Niwrad
2014-02-20, 11:25 AM
With some difficulty, Timothy manages to climb up onto the chair. Seeing the barmaid approach their table, the small halfling pipes up.

"If you'd be so kind, I'll take a pint of your most popular drink. Something not too strong either please."

He says, a charming smile spreading across his face.

Illven
2014-02-20, 11:44 AM
Kyra smiles awkwardly.

Just some bread and chess, please.

Crestfallen
2014-02-21, 02:24 AM
The waitress giggles a bit at the smile comment, and perks up a bit.

Certainly, One smile coming right up,

Her attention soon turns to the other two.

One Pint of Moonrise Ale, And some bread, coming right up!

The woman steps away to a few other tables, dropping off their ales, food, and the like.

Not sure if you meant Chess, or Cheese, But I'm just going to have her bring both..?

The young woman returns shortly after with a basket of bread and some fine cheeses, a small box that she sets on the floor next to Kyra, and a large, stone mug filled with a deep, blueish hazel liquid, It smells of a fine berry, but almost has a nutty hint to it as well.

I hope everything is to your liking! If you need me for anything else just let me know, I'd be happy to help!

Illven
2014-02-21, 11:12 AM
I meant chesse (Have no idea what happened to that extra e.) but it is now canon that Kyra plays chess. :smalltongue:

Thank you, ma'am. Kyra replies bowing as best she can.

Either of you two, want to play a game? Kyra askes her tablemates.

Elysian Blade
2014-02-21, 12:47 PM
Gilfer Smiles back at the waitress.

"I am not that good at using me wit I am just a simple soldier waiting for my next errands but I know a little of the game." Gilfer says. As and after thought he says, "My name is Gilfer Solarian"

Niwrad
2014-02-21, 09:29 PM
Timothy smiles in delight when the barmaid returns with the drinks. He carefully leans over the length of the table to retrieve his drink, then he settles back down into his seat and begins to sip from it.
Looking at the game that the other one sitting besides him had ordered, he is reminded of all the times he had played that very game back in the days of his youth.
It had certainly been a while since he had last played, and he was more than eager to try it again.

"Certainly. The perfect game of intellect. I'd love to play."
He says, and begins to help set up the pieces.

assuming chess is int-based not wis-based

Illven
2014-02-21, 10:31 PM
Kyra starts eating.

So, who gets white? She asked.

Niwrad
2014-02-22, 09:41 AM
Timothy looks and begins to think for a moment, attempting to recall which color granted the more favorable strategy.

After a few seconds, he makes up his mind.

"Hmm, if you don't mind, I'll play white."

He says at last.

Elysian Blade
2014-02-24, 06:58 PM
Gilfer sits back with a dumb found expression. As he thought ahh...maybe something will be amusing in this game they both look like they have some value to them maybe I can get something from them.