PDA

View Full Version : Nexus [Nexus] Ninja School: Go ninja, go!

Duck999
2014-02-20, 12:25 PM
Ninja School

What is ninja school?
Kind of self explanatory. It is where ninjas can come to become better ninjas, and non ninjas can come to become ninjas. And then they can become better ninjas.:smallbiggrin: It is a school for ninjas.
There is now an anti magic field. It prevents magic being cast from outside, but people can still use magic once inside. No more teleporting in.
The school looks like a normal building. Black, plenty of windows. The only difference, other than that it is in the middle of a forest, is that it is in the trees. It is built across and on top of 4 of the tallest trees in the forest, but don't worry, it is safe unless you fall off.

As of now there is one mentor, Sica. Sica is the best ninja he knows, and wants there to be other good ninjas in the world, since he is seeing less and less of them. When there are more members, I might accept more mentors.
{table]Name|Alias|Rank
Sica|Tau|Master[/table]

{table]Name|Rank|Notes
Faeles|Done Training|A cat. Sica's first pupil
Okami Kei-Jin|Newcomer|Has a wolf pack, can transform into a wolf
The Blur|Newcomer|Moves with extreme speed[/table]

To join the ninja school, you have to find it. If you have met with Tau, he probably gave you directions. Once you get there, there is a challenge to join. You must first climb the trees. There is no ladder or steps or anything, just your skill. Once up, Sica will question you, maybe test your abilities, then your in.

There are many rooms in the school.
The Entryway: It has a large map of the building.
Parkour: This is where parkour training happens. It has many different areas, all set up to different environments. With the help of technology, the room can rearrange itself with a command from a mentor.
Combat: This is not just for straight out combat, it is also for assassinating. There are many straw dummies, enchanted not to get easily destroyed. There are also targets for archery and some balconies built in.
Hiding: There are many objects in this room, and many shadows. There are sensors which will light up when they detect noise.
Bedrooms: Bedrooms, you might have to share.
Plenty more, like the obvious ones. Anyone can PM me ideas for rooms.

There are many lessons given, all of which need at least 1 person to happen.
Parkour Training: Learn about parkour, balance, and free running. All of this is useful as a ninja.
Combat Training: Learn about open combat, and assassinations.
Hiding Training: Learn how to blend in with you surroundings and move silently.
Plenty more lessons, but these are the major ones. Anyone can PM me ideas for lessons.

Remember: all the normal rules about combat and such apply here. Don't go blowing the place up or causing mass chaos without checking with people first. Listen to your instructions, and follow any schedule given to you. Other than that, it is just the normal FFRP rules.

Did I leave anything out that should be here? PM me if I did.

Duck999
2014-02-20, 12:27 PM
Entrance

Sica stands outside the entrance, along with his favorite cat Faeles. Faeles is not any cat, but Sica's first pupil. Together, they watch for anyone looking to join the ninja school. With Sica's keen eyesight and hearing, and Faeles' keen scent, no one will sneak up on them.

GrandDM
2014-02-20, 12:43 PM
[Entrance]

Unless they teleport. Teleporting is good for being sneaky.

Said teleportation comes in the form of a tall, slender main with hair tied back in a ponytail. His clothes are a nondescript grey, and Sica's practiced eyes may well pick out the shapes of a large number of concealed weapons.

The man has twin daggers in his hands, holding them in a guard position to ward off any reflexive attacks.

Duck999
2014-02-20, 12:46 PM
Entrance

There is no reflexive attack. However, both Sica and Faeles look at the man. Faeles then looks to Sica.
I told you there should be an anti-magic field.
Shut up Replies Sica. Sica walks forward to the man, offering a hand. Hello sir. What is your name? Have you come to join this school?

GrandDM
2014-02-20, 01:30 PM
The daggers disappear in a flash of movement.

"I am known as the Blur. I have come here to test my skills.

He shakes the hand only if there's no rings or other jewelry on it - wouldn't want to get drugged, now, would we?

Duck999
2014-02-20, 01:53 PM
Entrance

There are no visible rings, but he wears gloves. Faeles, the cat, starts looking around for any of this mans allies, if there are any
So, would you like to test your skill, learn more, or both?

GrandDM
2014-02-20, 02:20 PM
There is nobody else.

"The former for certain, and the latter if you have new knowledge to offer. I have not had a worthy challenge in a long time.

Aric Kale
2014-02-20, 02:46 PM
Entrance

Four wolves bound up to the base of the tree-school, one colored brown and white, clearly leading the small pack. Once they arrive, the alpha stands on its hind paws and transforms into a human in his early 30s wearing a brown tunic, pants, and an open trench coat with white fur lining. One of his companion wolves uses its talent to teleport them all into the tree. Greetings, I am the Wolf Sage, Okami Kei-Jin, and I am here to test my abilities and see what else I can learn in the art of hand-to-hand combat. I forgot to mention that his fingernails could be better described as claws, and he's wearing a brown fedora.

Duck999
2014-02-20, 03:13 PM
There is nobody else.

"The former for certain, and the latter if you have new knowledge to offer. I have not had a worthy challenge in a long time.

First, you must pass a test. For your test, I need to know what your skills are, so what are they?

Entrance
((How would wolves bound up to it, it is in a tree, as you can see in the description and how to join.))

GrandDM
2014-02-20, 03:31 PM
First, you must pass a test. For your test, I need to know what your skills are, so what are they?

"I can teleport. I am skilled in stealth and both armed and unarmed combat, though I have little experience of firearms. I have developed a custom fighting style."

Duck999
2014-02-20, 03:38 PM
"I can teleport. I am skilled in stealth and both armed and unarmed combat, though I have little experience of firearms. I have developed a custom fighting style."

Sica nods. Hmm, would you care tl demonstrate? If so, Sica will lead the way to the combat room and ask for a demonstration.

Entrance

Faeles sees the teleport, and says to Sica We really need an anitmagic field.
Go make one sighs Sica. Faeles snarls at the wolves as she turns and walks into the building. Welcome! This is the one and only ninja school. There has to be a test to allow entrance. Care to demonstrate a skill? Which one?

Lord Raziere
2014-02-20, 07:12 PM
Running towards the School

Azure leaps from treetop to treetop.
"Yes! A ninja school! Here I come! I will teach you the ways of the shinobi! For I am Azure Nadakai, Scythe Ninja of Misfortune!"
"Sensei you will come back here and not be a foolish ninja for once!"

Er. Leaping. Leaping was what I meant.

Venny leaped after her Sensei in pursuit. Why did he always insist on the most foolish of ventures? He needed to come back and not screw up anymore ninja's life. She had to make sure of it. for the good of her clan's honor!

"Oh come on Grasshopper! It will be fun. We will get to play ninja hide-and-seek, and I can offer valuable experience in teaching them how to fight pirates. Always beware of pirates. They are so sneaky sometimes! Especially when they sail around in those big ships of theirs! Practically invisible when they're like that."
"No! You will not get there! I will stop you! You will not embarrass me in front of a real ninja sensei!"
"But you already get embarrassed in front of me everyday! :D"
"Argh!"

Azure finally lands then runs forward towards the front door, Venny not far behind him.
"NINJA SCHOOL! YOUR GREATEST TEACHER HAS ARRIV-"
He gets stopped before he could burst through the front door, held back by Venny with both arms.
"Grasshopper! Let me go! >_<"
"Never!"
They are locked in a standstill, Azure flailing his arms forward in a comical fashion
while Venny holds him back with all her might.

Duck999
2014-02-20, 07:36 PM
Crazy Sensei

Sica and Faeles witness all of this. When they get locked in the standstill, Sica and Faeles intervene. Faeles dashes towards Azure. As the black cat gets there, she lowers her head, turns sideways, and bodyslams the senseis feet. If he falls over, Faeles curls up on his stomach.
Sica leaps from his perch on a ledge. He lands with a roll, rising as he gets to the two arrivals. He leaps forward stomach down. His hands stretch out, trying to grab Venny. If he succeeds, Venny will likelybe knocked to the ground, with Sica kneeling beside her, one hand holding her down.

Aric Kale
2014-02-20, 07:46 PM
Entrance

Okami scratches the back of his neck, leaning back on his left leg, Other than transforming from a wolf into a human? What kind of ability are you looking for? His voice is gruff but nonthreatening.

Duck999
2014-02-20, 07:50 PM
Entrance

Combat skills, stealth, agility, and ninja stuff. What do you have that makes you special, or makes you a ninja.

Aric Kale
2014-02-20, 08:34 PM
Entrance

Okami nods once in understanding.
He takes three steps backwards before leaping forward, curling up into a ball while in midair, and landing as a wolf on all fours. Shifting back into a human, Okami throws three twigs he had procured into the air, closes his eyes and catches them one after the other, using his sense of smell to find them all without sight.

Duck999
2014-02-20, 08:59 PM
Entrance

Sica watches with interest, and nods. Interesting, he thinks. You may join the school. Welcome. He motions towards the doors. You may enter. Inside, you will find a map of rooms. Want to test skills?
Please specify what room you are going to in your next post.

Aric Kale
2014-02-20, 09:31 PM
Combat Room

Okami and his pack enter the combat training room first, Spook leading the way by walking through the door like it doesn't exist. Flitter appears behind him, teleporting, and Trace follows just behind Okami.

Duck999
2014-02-20, 09:54 PM
Combat Room

Inside you may find rows of dummies. Moving targets. Up and down, side to side, all you can imagine. There are balconies on the walls, with ladders leading up to them. Any kind of thing you need to train, you will most likely find here.

Aric Kale
2014-02-20, 10:03 PM
Combat Room

Okami walks over to a basic wooden dummy and throws a boxer's punch at its chest, breaking through the wood with a feral grunt. The enchantments on the dummy takes an effect, leaving him with bloody knuckles. I like these...
The other three wolves take down one of the moving targets, Trace leading the charge, while Flitter 'ports in behind. and Spook runs in from the left. They are all obviously expert killers.

Duck999
2014-02-20, 10:14 PM
Combat Room

Small cameras move around, watching and recording whatever happens in the room. The recorded informatiom will eventually be watched by Sica.
((I figured we should wait for at least some more members before doing lessons, and possibly missions))

Lord Raziere
2014-02-20, 11:20 PM
Entrance

Venny lets go and jumps out of the way.

Azure however took a stance as if he was going to dodge, but remains perfectly still. You feel something strange. As if he IS dodging....but at the same time isn't. As if the world was bending slightly to make sure that things around him were less accurate. You find yourself missing him just barely...
"Broken Mirrors of Misfortune Style: Dodge Without Movement."
Then he throws a punch at Sica and Faeles while they are still in midair.

GrandDM
2014-02-21, 07:15 AM
Sica nods. Hmm, would you care tl demonstrate? If so, Sica will lead the way to the combat room and ask for a demonstration.

Entrance

Faeles sees the teleport, and says to Sica We really need an anitmagic field.
Go make one sighs Sica. Faeles snarls at the wolves as she turns and walks into the building.

The Blur lives up to his name, moving unbelievably fast and with great fluidity. His custom fighting style is a little odd; while it is excellent for offence, it mostly leaves the whole upper body open. This doesn't seem to matter, as he is more than fast enough to ward off incoming attacks, but still noteworthy.

Duck999
2014-02-21, 08:06 AM
Entrance

Venny lets go and jumps out of the way.

Azure however took a stance as if he was going to dodge, but remains perfectly still. You feel something strange. As if he IS dodging....but at the same time isn't. As if the world was bending slightly to make sure that things around him were less accurate. You find yourself missing him just barely...
"Broken Mirrors of Misfortune Style: Dodge Without Movement."
Then he throws a punch at Sica and Faeles while they are still in midair.

Faeles uses her cat agility to reach her legs to the ground and push off, launching to one side. Sica manages to twist in the air, contorting his body to have the punch go in between his head and legs, but where his body isn't. He lands with a roll, springing up to his feet. Faeles runs over, jumping on Sica's shoulder.
Sica decides to adress the newcomers. Hello, I see you would like to join. Correct? And why where you two just a moment ago fighting each other?
Faeles takes a turn to adress them, though it is odd to see a cat talk. Hello. What were you saying about being a teacher?

The Blur lives up to his name, moving unbelievably fast and with great fluidity. His custom fighting style is a little odd; while it is excellent for offence, it mostly leaves the whole upper body open. This doesn't seem to matter, as he is more than fast enough to ward off incoming attacks, but still noteworthy.

Sica watches with interest. He notices every detail of The Blur's fight style. You have a great offense, but your defense is a little rusty. Your upper body is entirely open. This leaves you vulnerable to many different attacks, a lot of which are fatal. However, this is still impressive. Welcome to the Ninja School. You will find a map near the entrance, and you may practice in any room.

((Updating the first post))

Lord Raziere
2014-02-24, 01:06 AM
Faeles uses her cat agility to reach her legs to the ground and push off, launching to one side. Sica manages to twist in the air, contorting his body to have the punch go in between his head and legs, but where his body isn't. He lands with a roll, springing up to his feet. Faeles runs over, jumping on Sica's shoulder.
Sica decides to adress the newcomers. Hello, I see you would like to join. Correct? And why where you two just a moment ago fighting each other?
Faeles takes a turn to adress them, though it is odd to see a cat talk. Hello. What were you saying about being a teacher?

"We were fighting, because my apprentice does not believe me fit to teach, when I'm clearly teaching her and doing just fine."
"Don't listen to Sensei, he is a fool. He is only successful because he keeps altering luck so everyone screws up worse than him."
"Azure Nadakai, at your service! Master of Broken Mirrors of Misfortune Style, Wielder of the Scythe of Deadly Misfortune, and Full-fledged ninja. This here is my apprentice, Venarys Nadakai. While she tends to have a bit of a mouth and attitude, I am sure that with time, I can make her a great ninja in no time, and she already is competent at what she does! I call her Venny."
"Turn him down, its a bad idea to accept him as teacher! I mean what ninja carries around a scythe? Thats the least ninja-esque weapon there is! Heck, its not even a real weapon! There are far better weapons than a scythe out there, even for non-ninja!"
"Oh, silly Grasshopper. The way of the ninja is one of trickery and misdirection. No one expects a real ninja to carry around a scythe! Therefore it surprises everyone when I do. Similarly, it is why I wear ninja clothing. No one expects real ninja to look like a ninja, therefore people won't assume that I'm a ninja when I'm dressed up as a ninja! Its the perfect disguise. I'm practically hiding that I'm a ninja in plain sight!"
Ow. you think thats the logic center of your brain hurting itself. Venny for her part facepalms.

Duck999
2014-02-24, 07:28 AM
Crazy Sensei

Sica listens throuh this, then nods. Currently, I do not believe I have enough students to be accepting another teacher. I could accept you both as students, and teach you what I can, but something tells me you won't like that. The best I can do for another mentor right now is send you on a mission to gather more student recruits. First, however, I must prove that I can accept you to this school. You must pass a test that I will give you.

Lord Raziere
2014-02-26, 09:59 AM
"Your right that I don't like it! Why am I student!? I already went through full training! Lets go Gra-"
He finds the Venny already following them in for the test.
"No! Grasshopper! Wait up! Fine I'll do the stupid assessment and student song-and-dance thing! Mrrr!"
He runs to catch up.

Duck999
2014-02-26, 06:25 PM
To the Parkour Room

Sica and Faeles lead the way past a map of the school in the entryway, to the parkour room. Sica walks over to the wall, opens a panel, and presses a few buttons. The parkour stuff starts to move around, leaving this parkour trail:
It starts out with two walls close together, with water underneath. The next obstacle is a tall ramp, which bends back as it goes up. There is then a pit of foam balls, with a rope hanging in the middle. The middle is approximately 5 feet away from any side. Halfway over the pit, there is a target floating a tiny bit over it. When dismounting the rope on the other side, there are bars, each about 3 feets apart from each other, again with a target about halfway through. If this is passed, there is one last obstacle. You hold a pole, and you have to hang on the pole by your hands, and fling it up a rung, one at a time, while hanging on it. Here (http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/0515/20110515_121000_ft16parkour2_200.jpg) is a picture.
Sica tells them You have 4 minutes to complete this. You must knock over both targets to succeed. If you are not done at the end of your time, I will judge you on how you did. One at a time, start when you are ready. Sica pulls out a stopwatch.

Lord Raziere
2014-03-01, 03:20 PM
Parkour

(I think my ninjas might be a more supernatural version than you were expecting...)

Venny does the expected thing: she runs forward, quickly using the walls to go over the water with her hands and feet on them to support her, then she runs up the ramp and uses her pole to vault her jump over the curving ramp olympics-style, lands the tight rope with grace, runs across it while hitting the target, then flings her pole up the runs in rapid succession then hits the target with her by flipping herself then sending herself sailing gracefully into the air in an acrobatic maneuver, then landing again, gracefully without a scratch.

Azure on the other hand, simply takes the staff, then throws it like a javelin, and it hits both targets, going straight through the first over the rope then hitting the second between the rungs.
"Done."
"Thats....not how your supposed to do it."
"Supposed? We're ninja. we don't go through obstacles, we bypass them to get the job done. The condition was to hit both targets. not to actually go through the obstacle course. Much like how you must assassinate somebody but you need not go through the entire castle to do it."

Duck999
2014-03-01, 04:45 PM
Test 2

That is very true, but... Sica hits the control panel. The room fades away, replaced with a city. It is a medieval city, complete with a castle wall around it. It looks as if there is an outdoor wedding going on. There are guards on the rooftops, watching for suspicious behavior. There is a man and a woman on a balcony, obviously bride and groom.
Sica dissapears in front of them, and a voice is broadcasted through their minds. Kill the target before he leaves the balcony, don't get caught. Every simulation person around them starts moving, and the wedding begins. A red dot appears over the grooms head, showing that he is the target. (Video game much) Time to test your skills. :smallsmile: Don't worry, whether or not you fail, you will get in.

Lord Raziere
2014-03-05, 11:32 PM
((OOC: sorry I haven't been responding to this))

Venny:
She melds into the crowd, first finding one of the weaker willed guards and getting him drunk, which he then starts going around getting other guards drunk or just generally distracting them. while they doing that, she slips some poison onto the groom's ring while no one was looking so that when he puts it on, the poison will seep through his skin and hopefully kill him

does she succeed?

Azure:
He however when he does it he just.....hangs back, just lying out of sight, waiting for the right moment. He makes a few hand movements while whispering.
"Broken Mirrors of Misfortune Style: Trip."
So that when the groom takes a step, he suddenly trips and falls downwards in such a manner on the balcony's rail guard that he will probably break his neck and die.

Does he succeed?

Duck999
2014-03-06, 07:39 AM
Venny:
Venny succeeds in this. A clapping is heard, and the room returns to normal. Great job, not many people succeed in this test.

Azure:
The bride on the balcony next to the groom sees him start to fall, and catches him. He has the wind knocked out of him, but not much more. The wedding continues, no one dies. The room returns to normal. As expected, you took the route that would keep you farthest from being blamed. Whether or not you meant to do that, it is not always a good idea. Anything like that can be caught, and though you won't be caught, you will have failed. Sica thinks. You both did well. Welcome to the ninja school.

Aric Kale
2014-03-06, 02:06 PM
Combat Room

)(Wasn't sure if I was supposed to wait or not. So here's a post.)(

Okami delivers a wide, sweeping, kick to one of the dummies, breaking the thing from its base and smashing it hard into the dummy next to it. That will probably leave a bruise. C'est la viet.
The martial artist continues to wreck everything with slow, powerful blows, and painful looking claw strikes, occasionally transforming into a wolf to maneuver around one of his targets. He's practically playing, now.
His pack take down three dummies, one at a time, leaving each victim torn and broken.

Duck999
2014-03-06, 02:20 PM
Combat room
((You can wait if you want. There won't be any lessons until there are more people))
The cameras follow all motion, and the dummies seem to fix themselves as they break. Anything put out of order will be returned to normal in not too long.

Lord Raziere
2014-03-09, 01:52 PM
Combat Room

Venny gets out her sai's and begins acrobatically stabbing, flipping and generally dodging and weaving and around the dummies while attacking what should be vital spots.

Azure gets out his scythe. Its not just any scythe, its one of blackness, with strange white lines swirling across it. He then begins charging through the dummies, reaping them like a whirlwind upon crops.

Duck999
2014-03-09, 01:56 PM
Combat room

Sica pulls Azure aside. If he succeeds, he tells him We don't have many members, it would be great if you could recruit some. Then you could teach also.

Lord Raziere
2014-03-09, 02:04 PM
Combat room

Sica pulls Azure aside. If he succeeds, he tells him We don't have many members, it would be great if you could recruit some. Then you could teach also.

Depends, what ninja are we talking about? Because I'm getting the impression that my kind of ninja might not be your ninja, and other ninjas might not be either of our ninjas. Or are we not caring about that?

Duck999
2014-03-09, 02:09 PM
These are anyone that we are recruiting. If they are ninjas, we can continue to teach them however they can be teached. If we find non-ninjas, we can train them to be any kind of ninja, mine, yours, or both. What is your type of ninja?

Lord Raziere
2014-03-09, 02:56 PM
"A mix of the normal ninja stuff and the more supernatural ki manipulation and magical martial arts stuff. I only know Broken Mirrors of Misfortune Style though. Its a good martial art to teach to ninjas because it manipulates a force that isn't obvious- misfortune- and if used right can pull off assassinations that normally isn't even possible. There some "magical" ninjas who manipulate things like fire, I mean what kind of ninja is that?"
"This coming from the Sensei whose misfortune seems to happen half to him and causes chaos mid-mission?"
"I'm completely competent grasshopper, I'm just...am a bit unorthodox."
"And a magnet for trouble. Especially with that scythe"
"Quiet Grasshopper, I am about to do important recruiting stuff! and you know this scythe will follow me anywhere no matter what I do to it, I might as well make use of it."
"Yea, I remember the time you threw it into a volcano. Somehow it turned up the next day right next to your bed. That was one screwy volcano spirit assassination mission."
"Nevermind her, I'm totally competent, honestly. I'll be back with ninja recruits!"
He then leaped out of an open window. Venny then comments
"So, going the "make him do wild goose chase stuff and/or boring chores" route huh? Thats what our clan tried to do sometimes, before they sent us off. Hope it works out. Knowing him he will probably come back with the recruits but spouting some story you will not believe in the process..."

Duck999
2014-03-09, 07:43 PM
It's something. I went to recruit for multiple days, and only got a few recruits. He might help get more. Anyone, what kind of dumb ninja manipulates fire? Oh look, a bright lighted warning, I did not see that attack coming. He imitates.