PDA

View Full Version : PF Campaign Outline; could use some guidance

ArendK
2014-02-20, 12:40 PM
So I'm currently deployed, and due to logistics, gaming is incredibly difficult. We got the interest, but at most only 3 peoples schedules mesh.

Since I've got ample time to do jack and squat, I decided I'd start building a campaign for Golarion. My wife (also a gamer) has taken the efforts to get a group ready for when I get home so we have a group (side effect of military and gaming; people are always on the move).

I was coming across different character concepts and builds, and found one for a Juju Oracle that I rather liked that was focused on making massive hordes of powerful undead. I liked it, so I'm going to run with it and make something of it. I statted the BBEG (usually the first thing I do) for the campaign to about 15th level. So I figure it would be appropriate to end the everything around that level. Counting super-undead minions, that should make an epic enough ending.

Awesome. We're looking at starting at 5-6th level. So I'm looking at starting up the Red Hand of Doom moved to Golarion. I have no idea what kind of party I'm going to have since I have only gamed with my wife from this group, but based off what I've gathered, it'll be specialized styles of classes or (god help me) gimmick characters. So I'm not too particularly worried about power level of the party. But RHOD takes us from 5-9 or 10.

I'm thinking that in the aftermath of RHoD, they discover information about a McGuffin that brings inevitable worldly doom when combined with McGuffin #2 (probably do something like Atropos from Elder Evils). The Ghostlord (if spared/still undead) could be a recurring source of information on the aforementioned Juju Oracle and the McGuffins.

Does anyone have any good ideas for adventures or plots to make for some interesting adventures in the interim? I know there is an awesome RHoD thread around here with a lot of good information.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2014-02-20, 01:35 PM
I would encourage them to write up a back-story for their characters, with a few NPCs (one or more of which should be "a walking soap opera"). Encourage this by giving their PC the Toughness feat for free if they write up a good backstory (since it shows they want their character to live longer :smallbiggrin:). Then try to do a few side-quests in between story arcs using their backstories and try to tangle things together as much as possible. If you're lucky, the campaign will involve nothing but this kind of questing for a long, long time.