PDA

View Full Version : Planar Something +2 HD Power ? Help !

Amiria
2007-01-30, 06:52 AM
I recently read about some power that adds +2 to the maximum HD allowed for Planar Ally and/or Planar Binding spells. So that you can i.e. get a Balor with Greater Planar Ally/Binding.

But I can't remember in which book it was and I also can't remember if it was a class feature, feat, spell, or whatever. :smallannoyed:

So, does anybody know where I saw this power ?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-01-30, 07:56 AM
My dear Countess,

The Infernal Bargainer feat (page 165) in Races of Faerun will help you do that if you are an Outsider.

Amiria
2007-01-30, 08:09 AM
Thanks mylord,

I'll keep that feat in mind. It is quite what I'm looking for since the creature to which I want to give this power is an evil outsider.

But I am sure that read about this power in a more recent D&D supplement. I haven't touched Races of Faerūn for six months or so.

Thomas
2007-01-30, 08:20 AM
A quick look over the feats in Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss didn't reveal anything like this, despite the book appearing a likely candidate. Having some hint about where this ability could be (Dragon, Complete Mage, Fiendish Codex II...) and whether it's a feat or class ability would help.

Edit: Checked Complete Mage feats quickly, couldn't see anything like this there, either. Nothing in Heroes of Horror feats or the Fiendblooded PrC.

Amiria
2007-01-30, 09:03 AM
Yes, I also have Fiendish Codex I and Complete Mage. I really thought that it might be in one of them (since I bought them last thursday and friday, so they are my newest D&D acquisitions).

As I said, I can't remember if it was a feat, class ability, or something else. :smallfrown:

Maybe Complete Scoundrel (Malconvoker ?) or Fiendish Codex II ? I also glanced through those books at my FLGS.

Thomas
2007-01-30, 04:12 PM
Malconvoker. It's the class ability Improved Calling.

Amiria
2007-01-30, 04:46 PM
Yay, thanks Thomas ! http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/th_amiriasmiley.gif

I knew that it was in some new book. But I don't know if I'll buy Complete Scoundrel, somehow the book didn't convince me. :smallconfused: Maybe I just visit my FLGS a few times and use my almost eidetic memory to get that class. :smallcool: