PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Question Kinda Odd (3.P)

HereBeMonsters
2014-02-20, 01:07 PM
Ok so my DM is thinking of instead of just a Generic class we can gestalt into another class. While I am fine with a set up of Warrior//Expert for my skill monkey needs one of my party members suggested I take the Factotum and add Warrior to it.

Now what tier would this be? Tier 3? Tier 4?

The Character is gonna be a skilled warrior/hunter who is considered the best in everything by his home town and in comparison to those little NPCs he really if but he actually is intelligent.

He is Gaston from B&B but if he was the main character and CG/CN in alignment.

He is taking the Drawbacks (PF) Vain and either Pride or Headstrong.

We are running using the PF system for skills and such but allowing virtually anything 3.5 related so long as I can show where it came from and it doesn't seem cheesy.

Urpriest
2014-02-20, 02:23 PM
Factotum is Tier 3, gestalting it with another class doesn't decrease its tier, so it's still Tier 3.

Factotum literally means "do anything", which seems appropriate for Gaston, since no-one does anything like him.

HereBeMonsters
2014-02-20, 05:38 PM
But would the class feature buying system break it anyway?
It would have d10 hd full bab 6+int skill points all skills and loads of bonus feats. Some of which could be used to buy class features like familiars unxanny dodge ect. Heck improved sneak attack to attack onto the factotums sa damage.

Urpriest
2014-02-20, 06:00 PM
But would the class feature buying system break it anyway?
It would have d10 hd full bab 6+int skill points all skills and loads of bonus feats. Some of which could be used to buy class features like familiars unxanny dodge ect. Heck improved sneak attack to attack onto the factotums sa damage.

Basically all of the class features available to the generic classes are pretty minor, or at least non-gamebreaking. I don't think you can build anything with Generic Warrior that would be substantially better than any existing Core class.

In any case, you're obviously not hitting Tier 2 or higher. So Tier 3 is pretty much where you're stuck.

HereBeMonsters
2014-02-20, 08:54 PM
Remeber the DM has final say over that. You could trade more then one to get stronger class features.

Urpriest
2014-02-20, 09:56 PM
Remeber the DM has final say over that. You could trade more then one to get stronger class features.

Either the DM is giving you class features that are worth about the same, or they're intentionally making you more powerful than the class otherwise would. If they're open to doing that, they don't need Generic Warrior to give them permission.

HereBeMonsters
2014-02-21, 12:40 AM
Well I am saying its DM discretion. Like trading 2 feats for Divine Grace or something. The rules allow for it as even the SRD states that a DM can allow class features for one or more feats.