PDA

View Full Version : I wanna make a whale man

OmniSlacker
2014-02-20, 01:59 PM
So, my group is taking a break from our very dark, very serious campaign for a lighthearted comedic one. I decided to make an anthropomorphic whale cleric, however I'm having a bit of trouble as to how I should get started on that. It's not a character I make often, after all. I suppose I should have him worship a whale god, if such a thing exists, and from what I've been told the Savage Species book is where I should look? If you've an easier or more preferred avenue, please let me know.

Oh, and the most important part: his name is Meeps.

Zweisteine
2014-02-20, 02:06 PM
Savage Species contains the Anthropmorphic animals, so you'll need at least that.

Stormwrack has lots of useful stuff for aquatic or sea-faring campaigns, which does include some deities (I think).

Be sure a whale can survive on land, though... You might need a custom magic item or feat for that.

And don't forget that whales have a couple (3?) racial HD, so you'll want to read this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207928) if you haven't before.

Rebel7284
2014-02-20, 02:25 PM
Almost certainly Ur Priest.

hemming
2014-02-20, 02:38 PM
Stormwrack (p49) - The Whale Mother - LG creator of sea creatures with a special relationship to marine mammals. Her symbol is a leaping whale - also, she rides a whale the size of a large island

Immabozo
2014-02-20, 02:45 PM
you want Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale. 0 LA and 3 RHD, great stats and size large.

I, personally, would not go for a caster. It makes a great ubercharger chasis.

although re-fluffing it to a large bear (the anthropomorphic bear is far inferior) and taking bearbarian level (bear totem barbarian) and then take Bear Warrior, take wild cohort for a bear animal companion, get a bear mount, fight unarmed and tear things apart with your bear hands, take VoP, because you only need the bear essentials and talk in only bear puns. Your friends will bearly be able to bear it. But it bears repeating, lots and lots of bear puns.

Did I loose you? Or are you bearing with me?

EDIT: possible names: Beary Ursine, or perhaps Baloo, the bear from the jungle book

Zombulian
2014-02-20, 02:46 PM
I made an Anthro Baleen Whale Ninja/Ur Priest once. Kept Wis synergy and took advantage of the montrous strength and Divine Power. Overall pretty hilarious character.

Rebel7284
2014-02-20, 02:53 PM
Ninja whale! I like it!

OmniSlacker
2014-02-20, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the help, all. However, I think I may have missed something while leveling him up (The DM said we'll all start out on level 8) because he has 25 attack bonus...

Zombulian
2014-02-20, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the help, all. However, I think I may have missed something while leveling him up (The DM said we'll all start out on level 8) because he has 25 attack bonus...

Well being a whale does give absurd strength. What class combo did you go with?

OmniSlacker
2014-02-20, 04:18 PM
Cleric, I mean I rolled pretty high for his strength giving him 23 in that ability. Even if he will be casting spells most of the time, I don't intend on taking this character/campaign too seriously, but I want everything to add up.

Zombulian
2014-02-20, 04:23 PM
Cleric, I mean I rolled pretty high for his strength giving him 23 in that ability. Even if he will be casting spells most of the time, I don't intend on taking this character/campaign too seriously, but I want everything to add up.

Yea no that doesn't add up with the info you're giving.

bekeleven
2014-02-20, 04:25 PM

So +6 Str, +3 BAB from Monstrous Humanoid HD, +3 from Cleric levels, -1 from size, then maybe +1 magic weapon...

Yeah, +25 AB is a bit of a stretch, I think. But it's equally possible I'm missing something incredibly obvious.

TwentyFold
2014-02-20, 04:33 PM
Darefellan? they are sort of killer whale people...

OmniSlacker
2014-02-20, 04:50 PM
It's a Baleen Whale. I've just been adding the BAB adds from each level-up with the Cleric, unless there's an adjustment that would diminish that.

Zombulian
2014-02-20, 05:01 PM
It's a Baleen Whale. I've just been adding the BAB adds from each level-up with the Cleric, unless there's an adjustment that would diminish that.

No no you silly BAB isn't cumulative. The value at each level is the total BAB.

OmniSlacker
2014-02-20, 05:06 PM
I had a dumb

BWR
2014-02-20, 05:23 PM
Protius (http://www.pandius.com/protius.html)is the god Immortal you want, otherwise known as Manwara, the Old Man of the Sea or, my favorite, the Spuming Nooga.

Zombulian
2014-02-20, 05:29 PM
I had a dumb

It happens. BAB is cumulative when you multi-class, though that doesn't really make things any different. What does get crazy is the base save bonuses when you multiclass.

veti
2014-02-20, 09:03 PM
It seems to me that the obvious deity is the Great God Name-That-Is-Short-For-Richard-That-I-Can't-Type-On-This-Forum-Apparently (calling him "Moby" being an invitation to instant smiting). God of Mindless Vendettas and Inexorable Revenge.